Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and looking for other ladies like myself....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and looking for other ladies like myself....

I am new to Primal and still attempting to learn........ ordering the book. But I have noticed that there are ALOT more men than women on here and in weightloss I relate much more to female than male snce men lose so much faster and easier than women due to muscle mass and all that stuff.

So, any ladies such as myself out there in Primal Land..... we need to group up. I am 58 years old , 5 ft. 5 in. and approx. 236 lb. (did not get on the scale this a.m.). My goal is a hard body of around 150 to 160 lb. .... or as hard as a female can get for my age. The skin will be another story.

Hope to hear from all of you...... Need LOTS of inspiration.

Vicki

Welcome Vicki !
    Glad that you have ordered the book ... it is awesome. You'll find lots of inspiration here, as well as hints, tips, recipes and good Primal fun.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

Wecome Vicki,
      I'm 52 yrs - 5'5" currently @ 153lbs. I started Weight Watchers 7 years ago @ 178lbs, lost 30 - gained 20 back - I started MDA @ 168lbs - There is a lot of good information on here! also check out the post women 50 and over. www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32701.html

Comment

Hi Vicki,

Another newbie here, although I have been reading the threads for a couple of months now. Just haven't posted much. Also bought the book - feel like that was the foundation, but the posts here have provided a larger education.

I feel really good with this WOE and lifestyle. BTW, I am 51, 5'7" and currently @ 144lbs.

Dawn

Comment

Welcome!

I'm 49 and have been doing the PB since March. Since January, I'm down 40 lbs and dropped from a 14-15 to an 8-10. Yay for bacon! (and all the other good stuff of course )
          Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
          Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
          CW: 146.8 lbs
          GW 140 lbs
          A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Originally posted by crackedpot View Post
            Wecome Vicki,
            I'm 52 yrs - 5'5" currently @ 153lbs. I started Weight Watchers 7 years ago @ 178lbs, lost 30 - gained 20 back - I started MDA @ 168lbs - There is a lot of good information on here! also check out the post women 50 and over. www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32701.html
            I am trying to find the post women 50 and over and cant seem to locate it.......... O.K. my dumb butt finally got it........

Comment

I'm female, 57, and 5'4". 127 pounds, thanks to Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Yeah to bacon indeed!!!

Hi...I'm a newbie lass here too! 30,168lbs trying to get to 150 -- been primal for 3 weeks and it's working when NOTHING else did for these last few pounds! There are loads of us ladies out there, but I agree, we need to stick together and shout loud! :-)

Comment

yes,we need to stick together and shout loud!

Comment

New here as well. 44, 5'6" and 213. (I don't believe I just posted my weight...)
                    Arthritis in my knees and one ankle, and I just want to feel better & lose the weight after my knee replacement 1.5 yrs ago. The SAD isn't working.

Comment

I am new to Primal and still attempting to learn

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Not a complete newbie but learning slowly. I'm 60 and 181 pounds and want to get back to a healthy 155 or so. Working on LHT slowly, plus doing some other stuff to keep my body functioning well. Started doing Feldenkrais recently, which is helping. I've been doing Leptin Reset, which is coming along. Weight right now for me is stubborn, but I hope to see some actual droppage soon. Patience!
                        Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Comment

There are more of us here than you think.

44.5 years 5.7
                          started weight loss last year. down over 50 now. *grin*

Been Primal since January and it has changed my life in so many positive ways!!!!

keep up the great work!

julia
                          Julia
                          Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
                          Started Primal Mid January 2011
                          Current Weight 183
                          Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
                          http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

42 5'5"

165---->130 and maintaining (even losing very slowly still) thanks to PB

Comment

Hi Vicki! I'm a newbie too. I have been eating primal for 3 months and am loving it. Other than the fact that I am 2 years younger and one inch shorter, my stats could be yours. I have seen amazing changes in such a short time. My weight has not moved for three months, but my clothes are all way too big now. I have MPB, and am anxiously waiting for Mark's 21 Day Transformation to arrive. I hope we can encourage one another.

Steph

Comment

Working...
                              X