No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I love that idea! I'll definitely do that. He's been wanting me to fry up some chips for him and I've never had any motivation to do it. Especially since he can eat a bag a week, I'd be frying chips for him practially all day long lol

Comment

confused.....

I don't know what I am doing ,I just want help please. I am just going to tell you what I am doing then maybe someone will help me.. I am on ketogenic diet, I eat bacon, sausage, chicken ,ground beaf, pork chops and eggs . That is all I have had for 7 days. I am under the impression that you have to do that untill you get into ketosis which I am just getting there.. If I am wrong please some one help me I am not real good on the computer so please make it simple . I want to loose 30 pounds and have been trying a lot of things with no sucsess.. I really need help and I appreciate all help thank you janice:

Comment

Janice, get yourself to a fitday.com or something similar. Track what you are eating so you can get an idea of what has carbs in it and what doesn't. I think the general consensus is to eat less than 50g of carbs or about 20 to 30 net carbs (net is where you subtract fiber grams from the carb total to get net).

You could/should add veggies and still come in well under the carb totals. the exact number to reach ketosis is different for different people and not totally necessary to lose weight. going very low/zero carb is not really sustainable for life and this is after all a way of life not a diet simply for weight loss.

if you are eating bacon it should be nitrite/nitrate free, and sausage is probably best if you know the source (or make it yourself) to ensure there are no ingredients that you don't want in the system.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

I make chips out of sweet potatoes. Just slice them very thin and bake them until crisp. Best to salt and pepper them when they are freshly cut so it sticks.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

@ErinF here are some possibilities for salsa dipping...Gallery - chowstalker

then there are tons of possibilities of adding fresh salsa to recipes to make them spectacular! wish my hubby would make fresh salsa, lucky you!
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

Working...
            X