3 week results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 week results

I am new to Primal, so far so good!! I've got the food down, just stepped up the GYM this week. Whats hard for me is finding time to exercise with 2 kids, sports, homework and dinner. Any suggestions?

5'4"
    Muscular build
    Size 12
    Weight- 197lbs
    Goal-150 lbs

September 1st, 2011-197 lbs
    September 27th, 2011-185lbs

Keep it up the first few weeks are the hardest then it is a breeze! If you follow Mark's exercise plan you can do everything from you home and all you really need is a pull up bar which is about 20 dollars, and only takes about 20-30 minutes to complete. That may be easier than going out to the gym if you got other priorities. Good Luck.

Comment

Way to go with the weight loss!

I have seven children and I like the solitude of the early morning. I get up early to get my exercises done.

When my children are at soccer practice and not playing a game, I walk the park,too.

Wishing you continued success with your weight loss!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisC View Post
        I am new to Primal, so far so good!! I've got the food down, just stepped up the GYM this week. Whats hard for me is finding time to exercise with 2 kids, sports, homework and dinner. Any suggestions?

5'4"
        Muscular build
        Size 12
        Weight- 197lbs
        Goal-150 lbs

September 1st, 2011-197 lbs
        September 27th, 2011-185lbs
        Wow - that is fantastic progress Great job. For the first year the only exercise I did was walking. Can you walk with the kids as part of an after dinner routine? Or fit them in while waiting to shuttle kids from activity A to activity B? I sneak walks in lots of ways; I drove a friend for an errand the other day and brought my dog along - she ended up having to wait in line for over an hour so I walked the dogs all over the neighborhood the whole time. Little things like that can really add up.
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Question?

Question:
          I've worked off and on my entire life, I am muscular build and I dont want to bulk up but drop weight and lean out. My ideal weight according to the doctor is 134-151.. To be honest I can barely imagine myself at 150lb, to picture myself any smaller seems crazy.

I attached a pic recent picture at 197 lbs.

What should my goal weight be in your opinion? And what should I be focusing on the most to get there.. Diet and Cardio or Diet and Weights, All the above?
          Attached Files

Comment

I completely understand what your saying about being lazy, however that I am not. I walked or do Kettle Bell workouts every morning before work, get kids ready for school than go to work. During lunch I go walk for or the elliptical for 30-45 min. After work I am either running to sports, homework or dinner, sometimes all the above. I make time to exercise everyday, even if its at home AND WE DON'T HAVE TV LOL.

For me, my current weight and my goal weight.. What should I be focusing on the most to get their??

Comment

I'm 5'4" and 129 pounds, thanks to Paleo. I ought to muscle up more and lose a bit more body fat.

Comment

That is awesome, congrats! I guess I need to get on the exercise huh!? I haven't had anywhere near those results....
                Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Comment

I vote for a goal size rather than a goal weight (and please give serious consideration to tossing that scale). You're a size 12. How about your goal being a single digit -- 8.

And, congratulations!
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Thank You for the advise, those are good tips.. Please throw any suggestions my way, I would like to get to my goal YESTERDAY!!

Comment

What have your results been?

Comment

Question:

I ate a cup of pasta "that I haven't touched in 3 weeks", I am not a pasta fan however my daughter made dinner.. My body instantly felt horrible, even today I feel bad. Have a screwed up the cycle or should I continue today as usual with the plan of tomorrow being my 24 hour fast day?

Comment

yes the method i listed is the most dramatic and fastest results possible, of course you can do a less severe style that will probably be much easier mentally etc. the thing i notice for me is i want to really "see" the results right away and thats what makes it easier for me... so I tend to find more motivation in the severity of the 3 day cycle IF... check out my blog
                          http://caveronin.tumblr.com/
                          so you know I know what I am talking about i maintain that body composition always while eating around 5000 calories per day and i do ABSOLUTELY NO WEIGHT LIFTING. I do however stay active with my skateboarding and an occasional high intensity circuit that goes like this. 1 min perform- 30 sec rest- 2 min perform- 60 sec rest- 3 min perform- 60 sec rest- 2 min perform- 30 sec rest- 1 min perform and then a final spurr of the moment performance. by performance i mean I will do an exercise but it is always at 150% intensity.. like say for the first minute i will do speed rope as fast as i possibly can. i never do a warmup. then round 2 (2 minutes)would be punching bag with resistance bands on my back. then round 3 (3 minutes)always tends to be a grok workout type thing where i dont plan it out ill pick random numbers in my head and just do them like 25 hindu squats then 15 jump tucks then 25 hindu pushups then 15 sledge hammer tire slams on each side till my timer goes off etc. then round 4 (2 minutes) might be kickboxing the bag full out but no resistance band or shadow boxing with a resistance band then round 4 is the final minute i may just jump rope again full out and then after that last minute and its all done if i feel extra motivated ill do no rest and 15 tire sledges on each side again and will really feel like puking... it is awesome, there is no real formula though you could do just 1-2-3-2-1 of jump rope.. change it up every day... I can't know for sure but I would say i burn probably 1250-2000 calories in just those 9 minutes of moving my body. (i could be wrong there but i don't really care calories are always estimated and different for everyone.) when in an hour of jogging someone might not burn even 600 calories.
                          Last edited by J.Caveronin; 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

I tried to go onto your blog, its asking for email etc...

Yes, I am the same way!!! I want to see fast result, that's what motivates me I need to see fast results..

Comment

Question:

I ate a cup of pasta "that I haven't touched in 3 weeks", I am not a pasta fan however my daughter made dinner.. My body instantly felt horrible, even today I feel bad. Have a screwed up the cycle or should I continue today as usual with the plan of tomorrow being my 24 hour fast day?
                              one cup of pasta wont ruin anything, you are human, i had 2 cartons of coconut ice cream, coconut chocolate balls and coconut banana chocolate chip pancakes to the point of 3000 calories in one sitting every night the last 5 nights in a row, serious binges but i just got back home from a very big photoshoot so i have kind of been just enjoying being home and celebrating one of the biggest campaigns of 2012(i cant say what it is yet legally). If you REALLLLLYYY wanna rush the 1 cup of pasta out of your system eat up on rich fibrous green vegetables today like kale brocolli and stuff so you shit it out sooner... but honestly think about all the shit you have eaten in your life, one cup of pasta aint gonna hurt ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X