No announcement yet.

I'm starting - Fat guy going Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the salad today I went to the store and bought some egg protein powder and coconut milk. Since I am at work and my pantry is empty I just whipped up the protein shake with the coconut milk instead of water - very tasty. I also got a multi-vitamin that is loaded with anti-oxidants. "Life Force Multiples" by Source Naturals.

I also hear it is very good to get my Omega-3 and Omega-6 in balance. Because I am a poor college student who cannot spend more than $40 a week on food, how do you suggest I go about achieving this balance? Are Cod Liver supplements a good choice?

I'm feeling much less hungry now, although I found that with each of my meals I gagged a little as I ate - that might be possible food poisoning from a meal a few days ago, but I thought maybe it is my body's way of throwing a hissy fit for the lack of Carbs?

Comment

Dualhammers- As far as your experience with gagging, I've had random problems with gagging, too. Has anyone else? I had been off of grains/sugars for at least a month when it would happen. Sometimes just the smell of vitamins make me gag.

Comment

Dualhammers, I am literally choked up seeing what you are doing and your resolve. I got my shiz figured out (finally) when I found Sisson's info when I realized I was coming up on 40 faster than I realized.

I CAN'T EMPHASIZE ENOUGH HOW MUCH YOU ARE GOING TO BENEFIT IN ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE FROM THIS, sorry for yelling.

Comment

Good luck Dualhammers,... seems like you're on your way to a healthier you. I think you have the basics down... and anything else, you can pretty much get on this website... As for the omega3 balance,.. i'd recommend getting an omega 3 fish oil supplement as well, and popping like 2-3 capsules a day, and eating foods that have high omega3 content when available or feasible (salmon, mackerel..etc)... If you have a trader Joe's nearby, they have a decent option for Omega3s at a fraction of the cost than other stores... around 10 bux for like 90 capsules...

Comment

So I am working away fine and dandy and feeling pretty darn good, but I think conventional wisdom is making me paranoid. I am used to tracking everything religiously since I did Weight Watchers. I feel like if I am not eating barely any calories or fat I am not losing weight - I gotta kick that.

I have tracked what I've eaten so far in DailyBurn (something I want to do until I am really on the right path) and found that currently 70% of my calories are from fat, 13% from Carbs, and 16% Protein. Is this good? Bad? Should I do something differently? I've been snacking on nuts and taking a nip of coconut milk with some water every so often. Is this sensible? I am used to a lot of structure, so having this sort of free-spirited nature to all of this, esp with all the stigma of fats, is making me afraid I may drop dead any second.

Lemme know! Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Dualhammers,

Just wanted to say good luck! I think you're doing fine. A lot of people here find that nuts may stall their weight loss. But IMHO, I'd say in the beginning focus on getting used to the new way of eating using simple and easy recipes/snacks then once it becomes a habit, you can tweak your diet.

I know you mentioned you wanted to wait with the exercise part, but you can start with simple things at home like squats, push ups and lunges. A few slow and controlled repetitions, if only once a week.

Comment

Your numbers seem fine...

Comment

You won't drop dead from eating fat. Fat doesn't make you fat... it's sugar.

Comment

Hey DH. This is my first time posting on this site ever. I'll follow this up with my story. But I wanted to tell you that I too have a Weight Watchers history. I started 4 years ago at 327 lbs. I lost 140 lbs. The last few years I have been on a yo-yo. Can't seem to maintain or lose the remaining 50 lbs. At this point I've gained about 30 lbs back. So I'm going primal. Not sure if I will stay in WW. The leader I've just found is so motivational. I may keep going to the meetings just to be in a community of people working on bettering themselves and to hear this lady's motivational speech each week. Also I don't like to be addicted to the scale. It would give me a once-a-week weigh in.

Tomorrow is my Day 1. How are you doing? Are you sticking to it? How about an update. Debi

Comment

Congrats on your new choices, Dualhammers.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                      Current weight: 199
                      Goal: 145

Comment

Stick with it, man! I started, (again), on Monday. Weekends are tough for me because of being on the go so much.

But stick with it!

ps: you're motivating me as well. (no guilt intended!!)

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Working...
                        X