Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy to the Primal Diet! Buffalo, NY.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to the Primal Diet! Buffalo, NY.

Can someone elaborate on how fruit should be handled with this diet?
    Last edited by LTBarganier; 04-20-2017, 06:42 AM.

Welcome Alex! I'd go easier on the fruit. Berries are good fruit but that's really too much fructose, which goes straight to fat.

Ground turkey is fine. I'd emphasize beef but turkey is ok too.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedonist View Post
      Welcome Alex! I'd go easier on the fruit. Berries are good fruit but that's really too much fructose, which goes straight to fat.

Ground turkey is fine. I'd emphasize beef but turkey is ok too.
      Should one consider keeping fruits to be almost sort of a "treat" in their diet? As in only have it sparingly and with caution?
      Last edited by LTBarganier; 04-20-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Welcome neighbor! I'm in the Corning/Elmira area.

Personally, I'd say not too worry too much about fruit and whatnot just yet, until you're consistently grain-free and eating only Primal foods. If you don't see any changes with just doing that, or you hit a plateau, or gain then I would consider tweaking the diet further. One step at a time, in my opinion.

Foods look good. Don't be afraid of red meat and fat, unless you really like turkey burgers in which case no harm there either. It takes a little while but you'll find your groove, what foods you like and don't, and how much is too much or not enough. It just takes time and well... practice.

Comment

If I were eating that I'd be really hungry because of the lack of fat. You might be different, but keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
            If I were eating that I'd be really hungry because of the lack of fat. You might be different, but keep that in mind.
            I'll be getting plenty of fat too from other sources!
            Last edited by LTBarganier; 04-20-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTBarganier View Post
              Should one consider keeping fruits to be almost sort of a "treat" in their diet? As in only have it sparingly and with caution?

Other than the fruit, is my balance of nuts, meat, and veggies ok? Should I beat eating more of anything?
              Many of us eat some berries every day, but usually just a few once a day. Berries are excellent. You don't need to reserve them for a treat. Bananas, on the other hand, maybe should be reserved for days when you are doing some bouldering or other heavy exercise.

Veg is controversial. Some of us eat lots, other few or none. If you cut back on fruit, I would say you would need more veg. You need to find out what works for you.
              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

My comment would be that your protein intake seems high; from what you posted it was about 190g in one day? I would personally look at substituting more fats and veggies.

Comment

Working...
                X