Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Primals? (Upstate Edition)

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any of us in Upstate NY (North of NYC). I know that some NYC Primals had a meet up which sounded very cool, but I am too much of a country girl to brave NYC and meet strangers at the same time. I live halfway between NYC and Albany.

If you're worried about my being some kind of a crazy person (you know, "Don't talk to strangers"), please feel free to read my journal. I am a mostly normal Wife, Mom & HS Teacher who has had great success on the Primal Blueprint and is looking for local Primals for friendship, pig roasts and moral support.

Note: My avatar is a picture of me in my costume for "The Music Man". No, I don't generally go around wearing feather hats.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

We are Upstate NY... but by Upstate, I mean WAY Upstate. Like, 45 minutes from Canada, Upstate haha. My husband is stationed at Fort Drum.

Comment

I'm Upstate, but here that means Western NY. About 2 hours south of Rochester & Syracuse.

Comment

Amanda It's funny, I've lived in NY all my life. Born and Raised on LI. Went to school in the Finger Lakes region. Moved to the Hudson Valley 13 yrs ago. I've never been that far upstate. LOL I don't think people outside of NY really know how big it is. Are you originally from NY?

Diana Yay! I knew you'd find me. I really really really want to make it to Boarfest next year. I attended Wells in Aurora and spent a lot of time in Ithaca at Cornell. Maybe my whole family will be Primal by next year and my husband won't think it is so odd that I want to go hang out with strangers. If not, to heck with him, I'll bring my college roomate who I just turned on to Primal.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

Albany Albany Crossfit pushes paleo and MDA a bit - not too sure how many people (if any...?) read the board but there is a potentially large group of paleo-maybies around these parts.

Comment

I'm pretty new to these boards, but I'm also upstate - not quite "45 minutes from Canada" upstate, but further upstate than "North of NYC".

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
            I'm Upstate, but here that means Western NY. About 2 hours south of Rochester & Syracuse.
            I live in the exact same area. In/just outside of Corning, in fact.

Comment

My husband's aunt and uncle live out near Corning, but further east and more toward Ithaca. My husband is from New Jersey and Philly, but he's been in the Army over 10 years now, and we met while he was stationed with my brother in Arizona, where we are from.

Comment

I live in Brooklyn, so I'm too scary to join. But hi, anyhow! NYC has quite a few of us and we've even met up a few times.
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by jsa23 View Post
                  I live in the exact same area. In/just outside of Corning, in fact.
                  No way! We GOTTA meet up!

Comment

From Utica myself. Hello fellow upstaters.

Comment

Well it looks as if we have a Corning area group forming. Cool.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                        I live in Brooklyn, so I'm too scary to join. But hi, anyhow! NYC has quite a few of us and we've even met up a few times.
                        Didn't mean to insult the NYC folks. I just don't go to the city often enough to feel comfortable going on my own.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
                          Albany Albany Crossfit pushes paleo and MDA a bit - not too sure how many people (if any...?) read the board but there is a potentially large group of paleo-maybies around these parts.
                          I'm only about an hour south of Albany. Do you do crossfit yourself? I don't know if there is a box near me.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Originally posted by ciep View Post
                            From Utica myself. Hello fellow upstaters.
                            How far are you from Albany?
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Well it looks as if we have a Corning area group forming. Cool.
                              That's awesome! We should to a meetup soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X