No announcement yet.

ok...here goes....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say welcome! I am a young "whackadoodle" and I definitely felt the same way you are feeling when I started out under a month ago. I messed up initially and was really not eating enough, and last week I just wasn't eating well, but I know it's going to be a process. My mind already feels much clearer, though I still have some off days.
    Depression Lies

Comment

i started a journal...be warned, i ramble LOL

hottie(g)rockstar's journal | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page

Comment

Welcome hottierockstar! I can understand your need to know how much / what to eat / at what time...etc. And girlarchitech has given you LOADS of good information. I was the same way when I first started learning about the primal lifestyle. My previous "diets" were so structured (eat 6 meals a day, every 2-4 hours, x amount of protein w/each meal....blah blah blah) that at first the simplicity (or maybe just the common sense?) of primal freaked me out.

My best advice would be this: Go to the store and buy only primal goodies that you like (steak, fish, bacon, eggs, veggies, butter, coconut oil, almonds, berries). Cut up some veggies to last you a few days for salads; cook up some steak/fish/bacon and hardboilded eggs for leftovers. Be sure to pack something to take to work for lunch when you can manage one (or finger foods for a snack when your on the go).

Don't worry in the beginning about ratios/calories/portion size. Eat primal food when you are hungry, and stop when you are satisfied. In my experience, it will take a bit before you body gets used to being feed real food WHEN it signals for it. Trust me, even if you're worried about overeating (hell I must have gone thru a few pounds of bacon when I started!! ) as long as its primal food, your body WILL ADJUST and your hunger will align with your body and your daily activity.

I'll be following your journal
        "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Comment

thanks wink

Comment

Working...
          X