Primal/Paleo Restaurant start-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal/Paleo Restaurant start-up

Hey guys, so a friend and I are tossing around the idea of starting a Primal/Paleo food stand at local Farmers' Markets. I'm thinking BBQ beef, chicken, pork, maybe some lamb. Served with soup or salad, (primal ones,) and fruit salad. Oh, and iced sun-tea. You all have any comments/suggestions?

I might convince my friend to dress like a caveman too. He's lost 120 lbs and is pretty ripped.

Comment

Originally posted by BohemianBo View Post
      I might convince my friend to dress like a caveman too. He's lost 120 lbs and is pretty ripped.
      No offense, but it's shit like that that makes others think we are all nuts. Chill on the the extreme-theme stuff.

I like your idea about the paleo'ish food stand. I would hit it up just to support it and would tell others to as well.
      People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Bad idea? Understood.

Comment

What do you think would be a good/catchy name for it?

Comment

A cauldron full of animal parts and vegetables boiling away would be a real crowd pleaser in the cooler weather
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Meat and veg kebabs? Easy to carry.
              (Farmer's Market Name) Ancestral Eatery?
              I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
              Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
              "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

what about Caveman Corner? or Primal Kitchen? or Grok and Eat? (like Stop and Eat?)

Comment

Grand idea. However I would not serve sun tea. You would be risking a law suit. These are pernicious times. Refrigerator tea is a better choice if you do not wish to boil the water>

snopes.com: Bacteria in Sun Tea Risk
                  Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Anything on a stick is great. I know that I don't like to carry around bowls/plates when I'm at the farmers market. Even fruit on a stick. Jerkey would also be good. I'm having trouble finding a good jerkey that doesn't have a bunch of crap in it that isn't sweet or too peppery.

Comment

I'm loving all these ideas. I'm surprised to read about sun tea being a potential health risk. I imagine there was a time when humans did not sterilize all their beverages and got along without suing each other.

Comment

Call it, "Food."
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by wendyland View Post
                          Anything on a stick is great. I know that I don't like to carry around bowls/plates when I'm at the farmers market. Even fruit on a stick. Jerkey would also be good. I'm having trouble finding a good jerkey that doesn't have a bunch of crap in it that isn't sweet or too peppery.
                          Grok On A Stick.
                          "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Comment

"Food," has to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. Bam! Done. Grumpy Caveman gets to eat for free.

Comment

Originally posted by wendyland View Post
                              I thought it was illegal to sell uncooked meat in the US for consumption, so you probably can't buy real jerky and I wouldn't recommend making your own and selling it.
                              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
                              X