Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton, Alberta

Hi All;

I just started out with the program and was wondering if there were any fellow PB's in the Edmonton area. I am really looking forward to giving this a go!!

N

Well, I guess there's two of us at least. I would be quite sure that any local CrossFit groups would probably be quite amenable to including PB stragglers around - I haven't look too hard yet, but I know they're around....

Comment

My wife and I live in Edmonton. I know Owly does too and at least one other.
      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

New member here, and fellow Edmontonian!

Comment

Hang out at farmers markets and look for VFFs. You'll find some of us eventually.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
            Hang out at farmers markets and look for VFFs. You'll find some of us eventually.
            I've been doing that for a few weeks now. It's hard walking and staring at people's feet.
            There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              I've been doing that for a few weeks now. It's hard walking and staring at people's feet.
              LMAO! You'll find it easier in the winter when the market options are reduced.

I'm a Crossfitter, so I have an advantage in meeting other paleo folks. There is a local paleo meetup group, I think, but I've never been.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Hi fellow edmontonians!

I'm still new to the city, so I would thank you a lot if you could give me some advice:

Aside from farmers market, do you know of any butchers where one could get grass fed beef?
                How about butter, eggs, free range chickens, etc?
                Where to find coconut flour?
                How much more expensive is buying this stuff from these places, than buying it from say Superstore?

Thanks a lot for any info you can give me on how to be more Paleo around here
                Height: 5ft 9"
                Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
                Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
                is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
                honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
                ~Albert Einstein~

Comment

Speaking as a Canadian, you should be able to find coconut flour in a "mid to high-end" grocery store (try Sobeys or IGA), with the specialty flours (the "Bob's Red Mill" section :P).

Comment

Edmonton here...both wife and I now primal.
                    Funny was at the climbing center and met another primal whose supervisor is also primal.
                    Last edited by Dirlot; 12-07-2011, 10:58 PM.
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

I am seeing a primal BBQ in our future....shall we say January....we are Canadian after all...lol
                      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                      PS
                      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Aloe View Post
                        Hi fellow edmontonians!

I'm still new to the city, so I would thank you a lot if you could give me some advice:

Aside from farmers market, do you know of any butchers where one could get grass fed beef?
                        How about butter, eggs, free range chickens, etc?
                        Where to find coconut flour?
                        How much more expensive is buying this stuff from these places, than buying it from say Superstore?

Thanks a lot for any info you can give me on how to be more Paleo around here
                        We buy a lot of our meat from the Strathcona Farmers' Market but we buy all of our "beef" (bison actually) from Buffalo Valley Meats at Whitemud Crossing. They have Llama, beef, bison, chicken, turkey, kangaroo, wild boar, etc. The staff is awesome too. Mrs. Griffin has expressed love of one of the guys a couple time . . .

We buy our coconut (and other nut) flours from Bulk Barn. (Across the street from SuperStore in SE Common.)

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                          We buy a lot of our meat from the Strathcona Farmers' Market but we buy all of our "beef" (bison actually) from Buffalo Valley Meats at Whitemud Crossing. They have Llama, beef, bison, chicken, turkey, kangaroo, wild boar, etc. The staff is awesome too. Mrs. Griffin has expressed love of one of the guys a couple time . . .

We buy our coconut (and other nut) flours from Bulk Barn. (Across the street from SuperStore in SE Common.)
                          That's awesome, thanks! We'll try these places out
                          Height: 5ft 9"
                          Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
                          Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
                          is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
                          honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
                          ~Albert Einstein~

Comment

Working...
                          X