Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First day in, killer headache, but thats day one down!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm curious, how long will you keep track of the days? For a year? That's a lot of counting!

I've never gotten to camp much so I'm pretty jealous that you're doing all this out-of-doors stuff! This time of year is perfect in New England for exploring woods because the bugs have gone to sleep, but it's not too cold yet.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      I'm curious, how long will you keep track of the days? For a year? That's a lot of counting!
      NOt to sure. Take it one day at a time. Like SG says, its not a diet, its a lifestyle change. And as I have mentioned, this blog keeps me honest!

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      I've never gotten to camp much so I'm pretty jealous that you're doing all this out-of-doors stuff! This time of year is perfect in New England for exploring woods because the bugs have gone to sleep, but it's not too cold yet.
      Tonights the last night, and I am going to miss it! I don't think I have ever gotten up consistently like this before. ANd I have been falling asleep quickly too. Maybe I should move to the top of the roof from now on!

Maybe...

-Shifty
      Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
      Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
      Numbers change every 50 days

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Eight :

Got up late this morning, overslept by twenty minutes! Made it for morning services, and then went straight to breakfast. Nice to eat with everyone else for a change. Breakfast was cottage cheese and salad. small but satisfying!

This morning I did some more work on a story Im writing, and then hit lunch, which was more chicken wings, and salad.

Did some learning with a friend of mine, and found I was falling asleep around 3pm, so we had some ice cream and tea, and that helped. Not totally Primal but it was a nice change.

Dinner was some meat and salad from a takeaway, then I headed back home to do some more learning. Ran into the Ex who was at my friends house and got the cold shoulder. SHe was supposed to have left. Counting the ways....

See you tomorrow... Another day.. woohoo!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 4540+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

I love your comments! Truly! So shout out and say hello!

Day One Hundred and Eight done! Day One Hundred and Nine is almost here!! Back to the track!

Love you all... you just didn't know it!

- Shifty
        Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Ten :

Still in the middle of high holidays here, which is alot of services and meals. After the last few days, I totally skilled dinner, and then breakfast today, and I'm feeling fine about it. All the food and little exercise has been making me feel bloated and ansty...

Tonight we roll into the Sabbath, so its more food and downtime.

See you tomorrow... Another day.. woohoo!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 4540+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day One Hundred and Ten done! Day One Hundred and Eleven is almost here!! Back to the track!

- Shifty

Will let you all know whats going on at the other side of the weekend.

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Eleven :

Today was the sabbath, and I got a good nights sleep in which was really good. I was supposed to wake up early (7am) but found myself waking up at 9am which must have meant I needed the sleep. I found that already in the room, I am not sleeping as well as out on the roof, but the temperature here has just fallen through the floor. Its ice cold here at night, and I don't think its a good idea to be out in the elements still. It was a lot of fun, and great while it lasted I am still going to do my best to keep getting up at an early tie. If nothing else it will be a positive improvement from where I was.

At lunch time I headed to a friend for lunch,a nd it was one of those slow lunches that takes most of the afternoon. I was good, sticking to fish, and meats, as well as salad. I ate a lot, and found I was good for the rest of the day. I missed breakfast, and will miss dinner as well, but Im just not hungry.

I have been toying with whether to add my emotional frame of mind into this blog, and I think its important. This log lets me keep a record of the things I have been through while going primal, and I think this is a important thing to log. Ever since last week, running into the ex, I have been hugely critical with myself. I feel fat, that I didn't do enough work at being primal, that my results have stopped, and that I could do better. I know that this is all due to the run in, and I also know I am hugely emotional as a guy! (Yeah yeah, I know some of you are going to read this and say "Get some balls!" but the truth is the truth!) Anyone who has struggled with there body image knows what a hit that is, and Im no different. My head knows its a phase, my my heart has been taking shots.

I realise getting on the scales and finding I lost only a KG was more of a hit than I wanted to admit. I also realise I have been sabotaging myself with getting physical cause I have been worried about not being able to do it. Its a bit of circular thinking, so I have put my foot down on that. I found a gym near my school, and tomorrow I will go down and join up. I realise a huge part of what has been holding me back is that I have not been "having fun" so I need to address that too. All work and study has kept me from enjoying life. This is going to be a harder point to address, but I'll keep you updated!

Thats it for today.. Thanks for listening!

Day One Hundred and Eleven done! Day One Hundred and Twelve is almost here!! Back to the track!

- Shifty

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Twelve :

Didn't sleep much last night. My mind started working overtime, and I ended up sleeping aprox 4 hours before I was up and running about. I did take an hour nap in the day, and its now 10pm, so Im doing alright.

In the morning I had a protein shake and my vitamins, and some cottage cheese. About 11pm, I grabbed some cottage cheese and some dried mango, and I was out the door. I borrowed another friends bike (yeah, I know) and pushed it and myself up some hills. It was hard work, but I felt great after 30 minutes to my friends house, and then back home. I could not get the whole way without stopping, but it gives me a challenge to work towards.

I also spoke to the guys running the gym, got the prices, and will wait for my next pay check before I join. Steps in the right direction.

I missed lunch, but dinner was some chicken and some salad. Again, I ate a few pieces and felt full, so I stopped Got to get things back on schedule.

So, some excersize done, and my primal choices are on track... Not to bad for today!

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 4770+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day One Hundred and Twelve done! Day One Hundred and Thirteen is almost here!! Back to the track! Yeah!

- Shifty

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Thirteen :

Really lazy day today. I spent most of it in front of the computer catching up on a lot of work.

My legs and butt were sore all day after the bike ride, and I ate lightly. Have not been in the greatest mood, and I find myself with a huge headache right now.

Breakfast was a protein shake.

I missed lunch, but dinner was some beef ribs. Again, I ate a few pieces and felt full, so I stopped. Didnt overeat.

Please, if you spot something I could be doing better, please, please, PLEASE let me know. I am asking, and with around 4770+ views, I know someone is looking at these posts, so anything you can share will be eagerly appreciated! As mentioned before, I would love any advice, words, anything that would make this go as quickly and honestly as possible.

Day One Hundred and Thirteen done! Day One Hundred and Fourteen is almost here!!

- Shifty

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Sixteen :

Last days of my break before classes start, and I have been running about trying to make the most of it.

The last few days have been full of getting things ready for the next semester, keeping active, and generally making the most of thing.
                  Food wise I have been good about it all. I have definitely been hungry, but thats due to the lack of food I have had, than anything else.I have been adding more vegetables into my diet and that helps. I am also still craving sugar, usually in the form of dried fruit . Just taking it one day at a time.

Got word that my sister and her long term boyfriend have decided to get married, so I will be heading back to Melbourne Australia for the wedding at the end of this month. Somehow they swear that they told me about this before, but it slipped me by. Should be interesting to see what its like to be Primal back home. A lot more options I am sure.

On a whim, I weighed myself, and put on a kg. so now I weighed in at 93.2 KGs. I'm keeping my weight level, just not dropping. Then again, I dint know how much is muscle growth either. The last few bike rides took a lot out of me, so I will give it a break for now.

Alright, anout to head into the sabbath, but wanted to put in a report. THings should be back to normal next week. School gives me more time to be on the computer.

See you at the start of the week.

Day One Hundred and Sixteen done! Day One Hundred and Seventeen is almost here!!

- Shifty

Comment

• Hey Shifty,

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that i think you're doing awesome. I know that it's been hard, but the obstacles you've overcome have been significant, and I admire that. You're closing in on 4 months of being Primal, and I know you feel better now than you did before starting:-) Just keep reminding yourself that this is your Life and not some DUMBASS Fad Diet;-) The longer you continue, the easier it gets(I promise). Even obstacles like the EX will be easier to cope with.

As for the exercise part(yeah I know I get on your ASS about it, but that's why I'm here. I'm a Coach, remember;-), I would try "greasing the groove" (google it), as this will help you to really build a solid foundation for strength/endurance. And it will get easier, and even fun! Keep up the great work, and remember that SoccerGrok is always in your corner Champ!

Cheers, and may the Grok be with You!
                    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• Hi -- I haven't checked in on your blog for a several weeks -- it looks as though you are getting more in synch with the primal eating style. And still working on the rest of it (aren't we all). Plus, holy day dietary restrictions can be tough.

I am a bit concerned that you are still having major headaches. Try to keep track of what you eat (or don't eat) when you get them. Headaches are a sign of something not right. Try to figure that out -- it may be a bell weather sign for you and your health.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your visit home to Australia.
                      Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Comment

• Thanks SG...

Have looked up Greasing the groove, and will read through it. As of tomorrow I start a new semester, and in line with that, will be working on incorporating exercise into my daily routine.

While I think I have the food area covered (sometime I fall off, but always get straight back up!) I really need to work on getting moving in the right way physically. With the limit on time, I am looking at some body weight exercises in the morning to cover that.

Will keep you posted!

Thanks Coach!

-Shifty

Comment

• Originally posted by dkd2001 View Post
                          I am a bit concerned that you are still having major headaches. Try to keep track of what you eat (or don't eat) when you get them. Headaches are a sign of something not right. Try to figure that out -- it may be a bell weather sign for you and your health.
                          Thanks DKD...

I agree that headaches definitely don't help. Today I had a killer one, but that was after I got caught out, and ate some of the wrong things simply cause I was slack. Took a few hours to clear, but I realise now what I did.

I'm going to keep track of what I eat again, and put it into fitday and start listing it up here. I stopped simply cause it was starting to drive me crazy working out what I ate. Still, it should bring in some answers.

Its an interesting experience. Still not where I would like to be, and have slid back some, but I think I am within the 80% range.

Always interested in hearing what you have to share. Thanks....

-Shifty

Comment

• Day One Hundred and Eighteen :

Just finished the sabbath, and honestly let things really slide this last last day. I didn't think there was anything I didn't help myself to. After three plus months of keeping primal, I had bean, cake and bread simply cause I just needed them! Friday night I found myself chewing on a wholewheat bagel, just so I could feel the texture in my mouth, and then spat out the bagel into the bin.

To me this was a little extreme, and as weird as it sounds, just feeling and tasting it did help me with the whole thing. I have always loved bread (and complex carbs) and when I let myself slide, well, today happens. I spent the afternoon in bed nursing a sugar high, and just felt ill. Crazy stuff. I seem to always feel guilty after the big swallow.

Anyway, tomorrow starts a new semester, and I plan to ride the wave with a new start and new determination. I had my slip, and honestly the last month or so I have kept primal, but its been a loose journey. Starting tomorrow, I get some exercise, and I get back to listing what I have eaten.

I am also going to go through the Primal Blueprint again and refresh what I have missed. Cant wait to see the 21 day plan Mark just published.

See you on the flipside! Tomorrow is day 1 again!

Day One Hundred and Eighteen done! Day One Hundred and Nineteen is almost here!!

- Shifty

Comment

• Hey Shifty...Haven't seen you around for a while and just wanted to check in and see if all is well. Been missing the stories of your adventures abroad:-)Give us a shout out. Take care buddy.

SoccerGrok
                              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• If you start with the primal blueprint bodyweight exercises and get 20 min. of walking in each day (and stand as much as you can otherwise!) you'll be off to a good start from an exercise standpoint.

There's a free fitness e-book on this site. Check the link in my signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X