Primal Picnic Broward County, Fl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Picnic Broward County, Fl?

I actually live in Sunrise near Sawgrass Mall. I would love to meet and start a primal potluck, picnic, get together, something... for the Broward County area or anyone else who might be interested in South Florida, let me know if anyone is interested. I figured, " Hey South Florida is diet crazy and food phobic enough it might be nice to get to know like minded Grok and Grokinas looking to share support, fun and a good time with people who wont stare at us weirdly." I'd be willing to host the first primal meetup. I was thinking potluck picnic, or we could do a restaurant so...

any thoughts?

PS: You don't have to be hardcore primal this is an open invite for anyone even those just poking the primal pond with a stick. Goodness knows we aren't perfect, mama still loves her french fries most assuredly.

There are more SFL people?? Knock me over with a feather... I'm down by UM (obviously) but without a car.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

I agree I put this post out there with my yearly allowance of wishes! Hello fellow SFL person!

Sucks that everything is so far and our transportation system sucks, but hey we might hit up down in Miami for the raw food market sometime soon so I will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliayzar View Post
        I agree I put this post out there with my yearly allowance of wishes! Hello fellow SFL person!

Sucks that everything is so far and our transportation system sucks, but hey we might hit up down in Miami for the raw food market sometime soon so I will let you know.
        Raw food market? There's one of those here?
        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
        -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Glaser Farms, whole foods carry a few of their products at ridiculous prices.

Its Saturdays in Coral Gables not to far in. I have not been in a while but it used to be amazing; seaweeds, freshly made raw desserts, olives, dates, seeds, nuts, raw cacoa, raw milkshakes, and the most amazing raw ice cream with amazing toppings! Its a market and a food stand. Online store now to.

Glaser Organic Farms - Market

Comment

Well, I know one place I'll be going on a Saturday with naught else to do! Should be a quick trip on bike or metro+walking. Thanks for the link!

-- Blaise Pascal

Comment

No problem . As I said hopefully it hasn't changed much.

Dont forget fruit sales and events at fairchild tropical garden. I think the next event is the mango festival. Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden

Comment

Oh! If your game Fairchild also has a farm with farmers market in Homestead, but again thats a good way down with no car.

Fruit Market

Comment

anytime i see the words broward county i think of 2 live crew

i went primal in feb 2010
                  200lbs
                  37% body fat
                  38-40 waist

1 year to the day
                  140lbs
                  7.8% body fat
                  29 waist

currently
                  137lbs
                  7% body fat
                  29 waist

Comment

Hey! I'm Brevard County myself.
                    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
                    Now can walk on the beach for hours.

Comment

Hey Jaysond and Kaylakala.

Who is 2 live crew?

Brevard is quite a ways north of Broward but lucky you are closer to all the great farms up there, I am envious here is a great link if you want to see what grassfed meat is close to you and another to find whats close to you restaurant, farmers market and such.

Eat Wild

Eat Well Guide :: Local, Sustainable, Organic Food

Comment

If it's on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, I can fly down there. I have free flight privileges on AirTran/Southwest. That would make my summer.

Comment

Also, I don't know if Mark promotes non affiliated events, but if you set a date and email him, he might put this picnic under the "Events" tab on the main site.

Comment

Hey Aly if we manage to get a good crowd I will be sure and let you know about a gathering. I am going to ask around at my local weston price chapter and health food store to see if I can find other fellow cave persons. It would be really nice to have a group of us if not we might plan up something for the three of us, four if my husband is game.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the farmers market! I knew it was there. I never thought about them having the grass fed beef. I'll be checking it out in a few weeks.
                              Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
                              Now can walk on the beach for hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X