New and feeling so tired...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and feeling so tired...

So I started eating primal by eliminating grains from my diet about 4 days ago. I felt pretty good the first 2 days, however the last two days have me feeling very tired with low energy. Anyone know why or what I can do about it? I have been eating fruit, so I know it isn't just a lack of glucose in the bloodstream.

I found that eliminating grains helped increase my energy (no more carb crash). Good healthy protein shakes help, a lot. I wonder if your fatigue is related to something else? Caffeine?

Comment

Depending on your carb intake (how much fruit?) you could be suffering from the carb flu. It will go away once your body adjusts to the new diet. Could be a day or two, could be a week or two, you just need to be patient. Don't give up, it's totally worth it.
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Everyone is different. Some people report that they have more energy immediately upon quitting grains. Others, like me, went through a period of fatigue at the beginning. Here is my thread - I seriously considered giving up because it was unbearable long-term. But it passed after a few weeks and now I have more energy than before. Not much more but I think there has been an improvement.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X