Intro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Hello! I am just beginning the primal lifestyle.

A little about me:

I am 26 years old, happily married 3.5 yrs, and I live in Michigan. I am tired of trying to diet and gain all of the weight back plus more. I'm looking for a permanent change and I think this is it. I just read the Primal Blueprint and I am currently reading Good Calories Bad Calories.

Right now I am cutting out grains and sugar and then I will work on dairy. I'm not sure if I will ever completely cut out dairy(mainly cheese) but I would like to limit it. I'm going to try to keep my carbs at the recommended 50-100g/day for weight loss.

The only exercise I do right now is jogging, so I am going to continue that but add in interval training and weight lifting.

I am glad to be here and I know that this forum will be a great resource

sounds like you're on a good track. welcome to the forums.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Welcome!
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Welcome! No need to cut dairy completely if you can digest it. Most of us at least use butter and cream.
        Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
        X