No announcement yet.

Anyone else from Raleigh, NC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought really tasty filet mignon at Maple View for about $12/lb. However, I don't think it's strictly grass-fed. It was, however... NOM NOM NOM and had that rich, red color typical of grass-fed.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

Oh... here is the link to the Triangle Primals Facebook group:

Comment

Originally posted by gunnk View Post
        I bought really tasty filet mignon at Maple View for about $12/lb. However, I don't think it's strictly grass-fed. It was, however... NOM NOM NOM and had that rich, red color typical of grass-fed.
        You mean Maple View Farm? I thought they only sold milk and ice cream.

Comment

Yep, Maple View Farm. At the "Country Store" go in the front door and all the way down to the left. There's a glass-door freezer with lots of tasty beef -- they also do special orders where you get a bunch of steaks and ground beef for $130. It's 20 or 30 pounds, I think (don't quote me on it!).

Comment

Bump.
            Any North Carolinians interested in winning a cow's worth of meat in the 30-day challenge? See this MDA post.

Post here or feel free to PM me - I'm in the Triangle area, Orange County.

It looks like there were a whole bunch of NC Grokfeasts last year, so wherever you are hopefully a quorum can be assembled!
            "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
            "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
            If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

Wow, yes please! +1 for reminding us about Grokfeast!

Comment

Anyone been to the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market? I drive past it all the time but haven't stopped yet. I went to Whole Foods in Winston-Salem this morning and stocked up. I'll be glad when the one here in Greensboro at the Friendly Center opens.

Comment

Hey hockeyfan7, I remember reading about a co-op opening in Burlington. Let me know if you want me to look up the info, or if you know more about it or have been, then fill us in.

I have not been to any of the Farmers' Markets west of Efland or so -- I count the Mexi-Mart off Buckhorn as a kind of market
                  "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
                  "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
                  If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

Oops... something ate my post. Apologies if it reappears later!

Company Shops Market

I believe Weaver Street Market here in Carrboro has been helping them get started, and it looks like they are NOW OPEN in Burlington.

Comment

Heyy, I finally found some triangle Primals!! Off to search for that facebook group...

Comment

I'm in Charlotte.

Comment

Working...
                        X