Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else ANGRY?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kane Augustus View Post
    Saying it's pseudoscience because it's pseudoscience paints a pretty circle. But it doesn't legitimately answer my question.
    Does your cat's breath smell like cat food?

    Comment


    • #17
      I started PB at a rather emotionally turbulent time in my life, which became downright tragic when my 40 y.o. sister die suddenly of a stroke. I was already a month in and felt I was past the carb flu and such. The roller coaster I was already on rightly became much worse, and I do think it was hightened by my Primal transition. Anger, depression, sadness. I've had them all. But, I think I'm starting to come through now, so I'll just say hang in there.
      Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
        Does your cat's breath smell like cat food?
        I don't want to spend my time attempting to work through cryptic responses. You can answer the question or not: why is it pseudoscience?
        Kane's Eye View

        Primal Kane

        Comment


        • #19
          Pseudoscience is easy to smell. It suggests things like moving spiritual energy, release of energy, and meaningless terms like that. For example: Eating white potatoes will cause a buildup of negative energy in your chakra, aura or mind-window. Then, when you breathe, the bad energy will cause your hair to become thin because of the blah-blah-blah. It pretty much always sounds like ten-year-olds playing make believe and setting up rules for what their imaginary light sabers can and can't cut through.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

          Comment


          • #20
            My response to this has been the total opposite.

            I've always had anger management issues, issues with authority, etc. Since starting PB my moods have mellowed out drastically, though I was almost hyperactive at the start, I'm cheerful, optimistic and friendlier - so much so that at times I notice people having a double take to make sure it's me

            No idea why but long may it last

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
              Pseudoscience is easy to smell. It suggests things like moving spiritual energy, release of energy, and meaningless terms like that. For example: Eating white potatoes will cause a buildup of negative energy in your chakra, aura or mind-window. Then, when you breathe, the bad energy will cause your hair to become thin because of the blah-blah-blah. It pretty much always sounds like ten-year-olds playing make believe and setting up rules for what their imaginary light sabers can and can't cut through.
              Interesting. Thank you for your response. I wonder, do you think it is possible that repression of emotions from past experiences can be brought into focus and inadvertantly released by adjusting one's diet? I take a wholistic look at the human body, including the mind. So, at least so far, I see no reason to separate mind from body. Thus what affects the body (both positively and negatively) affects the mind. Do you think it would be wrong to suggest that moving to a healthier diet may inadvertently affect an automatic purging of the mind in order to bring about better overall health?
              Kane's Eye View

              Primal Kane

              Comment


              • #22
                I had a week or so of crankiness after going primal. Now I find that almost nothing gets me too upset. Not sure what happened or why. Maybe it is just part of the process of the body re-setting itself.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  Pseudoscience is easy to smell. It suggests things like moving spiritual energy, release of energy, and meaningless terms like that. For example: Eating white potatoes will cause a buildup of negative energy in your chakra, aura or mind-window. Then, when you breathe, the bad energy will cause your hair to become thin because of the blah-blah-blah. It pretty much always sounds like ten-year-olds playing make believe and setting up rules for what their imaginary light sabers can and can't cut through.
                  I have had a propensity in my life to just eat shit like that up. I have spent the last few years trying to be cognizant of when I am about to propel out into the stratosphere and make really bad decisions based on pseudoscience and delusion. Aside from getting a good chuckle, remembering your quick assessment here will absolutely prod me in the right direction. Thanks, Knifegill.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Yes I'm fcking ANRGY, and so is my LIVER!!!
                    www.paleotrainingbible.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      All science is Pseudoscience. Science attempts to explain a system that currently exist that we do not understand and feel we need a better understanding on. We are not creating truth with science but rather explaining the truth that already exists. For every theory that is currently held as true there are probably 10 times that many that were discovered to be bunk.

                      Once you leave the realm of atomic calculation and enter the realm of emotion you are way past Kansas. We want to "believe" with all we are that 1+1=2 and A^2 + B^2 = C^2 , but it "taint necessarily so"

                      the earth is not flat
                      the lipid hypothesis is bullshit
                      and the mind and emotions are so freaking complex that all of the greatest minds who have ever studied it honestly scratch their collective noggins and can be best summed up by the phrase - "fuck if i know"

                      Language is an abstract representation of emotional communication just as mathematics is an abstract representation of the universal principles. As in mathematics there are constructs and ideals we are still grappling with and have no answers too.

                      so unless any of you have the answer to P versus NP in there hip pocket...... or a specialization in neuroscience, psychology and psychiatry

                      <shrug>
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                      Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                      CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                      Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                        All science is Pseudoscience. Science attempts to explain a system that currently exist that we do not understand and feel we need a better understanding on. We are not creating truth with science but rather explaining the truth that already exists. For every theory that is currently held as true there are probably 10 times that many that were discovered to be bunk.

                        Once you leave the realm of atomic calculation and enter the realm of emotion you are way past Kansas. We want to "believe" with all we are that 1+1=2 and A^2 + B^2 = C^2 , but it "taint necessarily so"

                        the earth is not flat
                        the lipid hypothesis is bullshit
                        and the mind and emotions are so freaking complex that all of the greatest minds who have ever studied it honestly scratch their collective noggins and can be best summed up by the phrase - "fuck if i know"

                        Language is an abstract representation of emotional communication just as mathematics is an abstract representation of the universal principles. As in mathematics there are constructs and ideals we are still grappling with and have no answers too.

                        so unless any of you have the answer to P versus NP in there hip pocket...... or a specialization in neuroscience, psychology and psychiatry

                        <shrug>
                        +1
                        Kane's Eye View

                        Primal Kane

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!
                          Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Kane Augustus View Post
                            Interesting. Thank you for your response. I wonder, do you think it is possible that repression of emotions from past experiences can be brought into focus and inadvertantly released by adjusting one's diet? I take a wholistic look at the human body, including the mind. So, at least so far, I see no reason to separate mind from body. Thus what affects the body (both positively and negatively) affects the mind. Do you think it would be wrong to suggest that moving to a healthier diet may inadvertently affect an automatic purging of the mind in order to bring about better overall health?
                            I wouldn't say that, but I could see various chemicals in your system temporarily changing your hormones or your brain chemistry.

                            Ask a woman what it's like to have severe PMS - you know you're not being reasonable but your emotions are out of control. It's very difficult to reason away emotions, and many of them have a chemical basis.
                            Durp.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X