No announcement yet.

Halloween Movie recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back from blockbuster- rented Orphan, Drag me to Hell, and Let the Right One In.

Comment

Asian horror can be really amazing:

Tale of Two Sisters

Audition

Three Extremes

Shutter (original)

etc etc

Tonight's options for me:

Rosemary's Baby

Ice Cream Man

Jack Frost (seen it, it falls under the 'so bad it's good' category)

Candyman

It

Demons

And I absolutely suggest Troll 2 to anyone looking for a terrible terrible hilarious movie. Skinned Deep is another one that's laughably bad (and you get to see Warwick Davis as a plates-throwing villain named...Plates).

Comment

Got my fiancee to watch The Haunting tonight. She was chuckling at the age and language right up until the banging. Then she stopped laughing.

Comment

I watched The Orphanage and Devil's Backbone earlier today. Both were pretty good.

In the Mouth of Madness is an old fave.

Trying to find something actually "scary" that I haven't seen yet.

Comment

My wife and I have a tradition of watching Practical Magic for Halloween. Not a scary movie, but we like it.

Comment

The Orphanage (El Orfanato) was one of the most beautifully filmed movies I've ever seen! Poignant and touching, artful and bittersweet. I highly highly recommend it!

Audition was ultra bizarre and so macabre!

Comment

DCKMA, what did you think of the Orphan? I watched that last night and man, was that peculiar huh?

Also saw Paranormal Activity. Kind of like a suburban Blair Witch Project. Was okay.. was hoping for more but had some interesting scenes.

Comment

Ecala- I really enjoyed the Orphan. Thought it was very good. Drag me to Hell was humorous to me and Let th Right One In was very slow and boring. I decided not to see Paranormal because I didn't like Blair Witch and I'd heard they were similar.

Comment

The Orphanage was amazing! One of the better movies I've seen a while.

I absolutely loved Let The Right One In. I'd rather watch a foreign film anyday rather than an american 'give the audience what they want' film.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

We had friends over last night and watched two suspense-horror movies: The Forgotten, and Jacob's Ladder. Both of them are eerie - not exactly slashers, but lots of psychological freakouts.

Today I may just put in a back-to-back of Carrie and Pet Sematary. I love the hell out of Stephen King's novels and these are two of the best film adaptations of his books.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Loved Pet Sematary.

Comment

The Skeleton Key is a good option for those who are into the US Southern Gothic style.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                          "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Pet Semetary is tough to watch for a few reasons and any parent will tell you that. I DVRed Butterfly Effect today and, you know what? Even if it was Ashton Moore's joint, it was genius.

Mr. B,

I have a recommendation (I haven't seen yet) for Carnival of Souls.

Comment

I also love the Asian horrors. I much preferred Ring (Ringu) to The Ring (remake) - I watched it not knowing the ending and that really freaked me out.

The original versions of The Eye and Dark Water are freaky and unsettling without being overly nasty.

Audition is not so much scary as cringe-inducing.

Oh and the other movie in the vengeance trilogy (Old Boy, Lady Vengeance) is Sympathy for Mr Vengeance.

Glorth - Butterfly Effect is really good. The ending is a real mind-f***. I was impressed.

Comment

This weekend consisted of:

Hostel I & II

Zombieland

Scary Movie

Nothing too exciting, but I really enjoyed Zombieland. A good comeback for Woody Harrelson.

Comment

Working...
                                X