Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 days into PB and I have not lost a single pound, what is wrong with me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ErinC, I can not wait for this to happen and how amazing that must feel. This is all very exciting for me. I feel like I am to change something good for the first time ever. And I think this is something I can actually stick with. Now I need the hubby to join me and after that the kids:-) We will see...
    5'6" female, 37 yo

4/23/11: #250
    main goal right now is to loose weight and to have more energy

Comment

I have no idea how many calories I eat. I just stick to the foods recommended by PB-the quantity and frequency depends on my hunger. I figure that's a good enough way to start out, and as long as I am consistently getting firmer and healthier I don't plan to change anything.

I'm a dog companion too-my initial exercise goal has been at least 15 minutes a day, 6 days a week. It usually turns into 30 minutes or more, but again-15 minutes is way better than my prior sedentary life.

Radical changes and restrictions just don't work for me. Tight restrictions make me feel deprived and likely to decide I'd rather be fat than hungry all the time. If I were hungry for a zucchini, bell pepper, onion PLUS leek and mushrooms PLUS two eggs PLUS ham for breakfast, that is exactly what I would eat. I don't see anything on that list to worry about.

Stick it out-give it a chance to work! Don't be hatin' yourself. It seems like feeling crappy at first is pretty common-read about the "carb flu" people experience.
      cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
      2/20/11: 210
      9/19/11: 185.5
      goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

Comment

TheDarkMistress, that is how I feel too. Restrictions are not good for, but then my body might just hold on for dear life:-)

So this is what I ate today:-)

B: 2 eggs, 1 tsp! Butter and 1 tsp olive oil, 1 zucchini, 5 mushrooms, 5 shrimp, 1/2 onion, 50ml heavy cream and some broth.
        L: -
        D: 1 good 'ol German bratwurst, huge salat with vinegrette, 2oz bacon and probably 1/2 cup mashed potatoes half regular, half sweet potatoes and some cooked carrots.

I think that is much better. It seems I need those big breakfast to get started. I really did not miss lunch, but was really hungry at dinner time. Fell of the wagon with the mash potatoes.

FitDay says:
        2100 calories
        Fat (64%) Carbs (17%)
        Protein (19%) Alcohol (0%)

Thats better!
        5'6" female, 37 yo

Comment

Hey Vanessa! I too struggle with overeating... I gained weight when I first tried the PB lifestyle because I was mindlessly eating. NOW, I find that I turn off the TV, shut the laptop and put down my fork in between bites... and CHEW my food rather than inhale! I can't finish most of my meals when I do this because I had been totally eating past full. If I am hungry later, I know I can have more food! Drink lots of water too! Good luck and keep it up!! "The choice is simple, but it doesn't make it easy!" Cheers!

Comment

the diet part looks good, i would just be cooking in a coconut oil! And I agree you need to have some patients and give it some time, it is going to take a few weeks for your body to adjust! Dont forget to start to incorporate some good ol' movement into this new lifestyle! go for a walk,enjoy the beauty around, start to look at the fitness guide, Mark has made it for all levels, keep it up, dont get discouraged,you are on an amazing journey!

Comment

I think the biggest mistake was that I Starter without enough information.
              I guess I thought I could just eat about anything on the PB list and do not have
              To wach how much. Well, it will take me some time, but I am
              working on it!
              5'6" female, 37 yo

Comment

Originally posted by VanessaM View Post
                I feel like I am to change something good for the first time ever. And I think this is something I can actually stick with. Now I need the hubby to join me and after that the kids:-) We will see...
                I feel the same way, I can really see myself eating like this forever.

As for husbands, I do most of the cooking, so mine is along for the ride, whether he wants to be or not He has always been a meat-eater, though, so he's fine with it so far. He's on his own for lunches during work, but he has, surprisingly, greatly reduced the fast food he usually eats and has been making himself big salads to take. I think he's even noticed that he's much less gassy (thank heavens! I am really enjoying that benefit!).

Oh, and I was going to say, I didn't think your diet sounded bad, I agree with the others who noted that you had A LOT of vegetables. I don't feel that I can eat too many vegetables, especially if there is a variety.
                My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

I think that is much better. It seems I need those big breakfast to get started. I really did not miss lunch, but was really hungry at dinner time. Fell of the wagon with the mash potatoes.
                  Vanessa,

You are doing FANTASTIC! Keep up the great work!

When you literally say that you "fell off the wagon" because you ate potatoes then you are right on track. You said you started to feel great right from the start. Isn't that what matters? Feeling alive and well again? The weight will come off naturally at some point. Weigh yourself no more than once per week.

If you are working out then realize that its not just about what the scale says. Muscle is great. You could be gaining muscle while losing fat!

When I read your portions in the beginning I too felt you were eating too much. The 2100 caloric intake seems very ideal. Continue to do what you are doing. And, keep posting in this thread.

Do you see the incredible community that SUPPORTS you? Its amazing, ain't it? Its a blessing.
                  Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Hi Primal Toad,
                    yes! This community is incredible! I can not believe how total strangers support one another here. Thanks for the encouragement!
                    5'6" female, 37 yo

Comment

Hi Primal Toad,
                      yes! This community is incredible! I can not believe how total strangers support one another here. Thanks for the encouragement!
                      You bet

Join a meetup group in your area and you might be SHOCKED. I see you live in Germany... I will have someone start one there this year, cool?
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Primal Toad, I enjoyed your post on your website:-) Were you talking about me?*lol*
                        5'6" female, 37 yo

Comment

Yum! Bavarian bratwurst!! Brings back fond memories of a week I spent in Garmisch last summer :-)...we have a German exchange daughter who lives in Siegen.
                          cj

Comment

Really? That would be cool. I think I looked for a group here before somewhere and there was non. Not even in Germany at all, only in Britain and that is a bit to far:-) I will read your blog to keep me posted! Thanks
                            5'6" female, 37 yo

Comment

TheDarkMistress,
                              hey, I live not far from Garmisch, actually. Maybe an 1hour away. And yes, Bavarian bratwurst rocks!
                              Siegen is actually not far from where I grew up and lived before my husband kidnapped me to Bavaria and then to the States for a few years.
                              5'6" female, 37 yo

Comment

Wow-cool! I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! Still have some Koln mustard...pretty sure that's Primal :-)

Hey, I sent a friend request. I'm new here too and could use support as well.
                                cj

Comment

Working...
                                X