Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Reduce the Booze journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Wow, two goldmine threads in one day! Alcohol has been my downfall, too. I just got finished posting in another thread that the "ritual" of having a drink is helpful for me on many levels.

    My latest 30 day PB assessment

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Metta View Post
      Wow, two goldmine threads in one day! Alcohol has been my downfall, too. I just got finished posting in another thread that the "ritual" of having a drink is helpful for me on many levels.
      Hi Metta! I always drink my sparkling water out of nice barware too! I prefer my nice heavy-bottomed tom collins glasses The sparkling water used to be my go-to mixer, but I have really been enjoying it as the main event recently. That little bit of ritual really can get you through those times when you habitually drink alcohol.
      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

      Comment


      • #33
        I just read your entire food blog.

        Oh. My. Gawd.

        My latest 30 day PB assessment

        Comment


        • #34
          Thanks, Metta!

          Here's the lowdown on Wednesday...

          Workout: 4 mile run (VFFs)

          B - Omelet with ground lamb
          L - salad with roasted chicken, bacon, and avocado, dijion vinaigrette
          S (pre-WO) - sweet potato "pie"
          D - Meatball curry wit cauliflower rice

          Booze - NONE!
          I am pretty much rocking this week.
          For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

          Comment


          • #35
            FYI...

            I just made your Paleo Sweet Potato Pie. We are now officially friends for life.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Stallion View Post
              FYI...

              I just made your Paleo Sweet Potato Pie. We are now officially friends for life.
              Great! I just love how easy, cheap, and satisfying it is.
              For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

              Comment


              • #37
                Yesterday was not a gold star day for me. I don't normally like to blame much on menses, but I don't mind playing that card this time. I had one of those days where I just wanted to eat and eat and eat, and it was hard not to go through the house like a vacuum.

                Workout: rest day, other than the regular 2 mile walk with the dog

                B - Bacon & caramelized onion frittata.
                L - Salad with roasted chicken, bacon, avocado, and bleu cheese, olive oil drizzle.
                D - Chicken & mushroom soup.
                S - Bites of chicken dipped in mustard, slices of cheese, bacon pieces.

                Booze - 2 beers.
                I started feeling really tired and shitty after work, and my husband has evening school on Thursdays. I convinced myself that taking a hot bath with some beers and a good trashy romance novel was the ticket to feeling better. Joke was on me, because the beers made me feel like crap and I felt even more fatigued and passed out immediately. The beers were not nearly as enjoyable as I anticipated, which I suppose is a good thing that will help strengthen my resolve for next time.
                For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                Comment


                • #38
                  I`ve been stalking your thread....Can I join you? My vice is red wine and while I don`t want to completely quit; I need to moderate it. I`m used to drinking every night (2-3 glasses) and I`d like to not drink every night. It`s a habit more than anything and I don`t like doing stuff out of habit. Thanks for your inspiration
                  "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                  www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Hi Patty, the more the merrier! I am a very all or nothing person, so doing anything moderately is tough for me, especially when it comes to a habit. Keep me updated!
                    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                      Hi Patty, the more the merrier! I am a very all or nothing person, so doing anything moderately is tough for me, especially when it comes to a habit. Keep me updated!
                      Same here so I`m wondering how it`ll go. I`m trying to get out of the all or nothing mentality on certain issues and just be zen with everything
                      "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                      www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by pattyd View Post
                        I`m trying to get out of the all or nothing mentality on certain issues and just be zen with everything
                        Exactly!
                        For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Same here. I love red wine and want some just about every night. I've been trying to cut down to see if it will help my fatigue levels and couldn't hurt in losing that last 10 pounds or so. I got very sick (tummy flu, I think) after indulging in a big dinner with red wine and then chocolate a couple of weeks ago and haven't really wanted a lot of either in the last few weeks.

                          Great job on your progress. Keep up the good work. I think it's harder to kick the habit when our partners haven't and we have so many rituals that involve having a few drinks here and a few there.
                          Originally posted by pattyd View Post
                          I`ve been stalking your thread....Can I join you? My vice is red wine and while I don`t want to completely quit; I need to moderate it. I`m used to drinking every night (2-3 glasses) and I`d like to not drink every night. It`s a habit more than anything and I don`t like doing stuff out of habit. Thanks for your inspiration
                          True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
                          The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I did pretty darn good for a Friday night with completely non-primal company over. They brought their own bread and appetizer, but they really enjoyed the mashed cauliflower.

                            B - none
                            L - Chipotle spiced chicken lettuce wraps
                            S - few slices salami and cheese
                            D - Mahi Mahi with green beans, cauliflower mash, small wedge sweet potato
                            I did then indulge in a handful of tortilla chips dipped in white cheese dip

                            Booze - 1 1/2 glasses red wine, yay!
                            We had some family over that are people I would normally drink freely around and it felt so nice to have my glass of wine with dinner and stop there. It felt really good to practice the moderation that I desire in a social setting. 2 more family functions over the next 2 days, lets see if I can make it 3 out of 3!
                            For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                              ...it felt so nice to have my glass of wine with dinner and stop there. It felt really good to practice the moderation that I desire in a social setting.
                              That's awesome.

                              I have a friend who goes to Al-Anon who, when someone gave her the "I'm not an alcoholic because I give up drinking for weeks at a time every now and then," answered "Oh no, that's not the test. It's, 'Can you stop drinking once you start every evening?'"

                              Not that I'm calling any of you (us) alcoholics, but my friend's comment did give me pause and change my perspective on my own drinking a lot.

                              I turned down a glass of sake from the "hidden and brought out only for special customers" bottle at a sushi restaurant last night. Small victory. (And it was HARD.)

                              My latest 30 day PB assessment

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Metta View Post
                                That's awesome.

                                I have a friend who goes to Al-Anon who, when someone gave her the "I'm not an alcoholic because I give up drinking for weeks at a time every now and then," answered "Oh no, that's not the test. It's, 'Can you stop drinking once you start every evening?'"

                                Not that I'm calling any of you (us) alcoholics, but my friend's comment did give me pause and change my perspective on my own drinking a lot.

                                I turned down a glass of sake from the "hidden and brought out only for special customers" bottle at a sushi restaurant last night. Small victory. (And it was HARD.)
                                Wow, that is so true... I have always been able to stop for a couple weeks completely from time to time, but the battle for me truly is moderation.
                                Way to go on the Sake! Especially since it was presented as special and offered directly to you so that you had to actually say "no".
                                Last edited by supersellen; 04-23-2011, 06:37 PM.
                                For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X