No announcement yet.

My Reduce the Booze journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for you re: the Mudder. Keep up the good work!

Grok On!
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
      Good for you re: the Mudder. Keep up the good work!

Grok On!
      Thanks! I am pretty excited about both the Mudder and my progress as well.

I am going to go ahead and knock out today's log since I have a busy day tomorrow.

Today's workout - easy 2 mile a.m. run, afternoon bodyweight circuit

B - Thai egg curry
      L - none
      D - Mahi Mahi w/ braised bok choi and basmati rice

BOOZE - The other 1/2 a glass of wine that I never had last night . That makes for a total of 2 drinks for the week so far - not too shabby!
      For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

• BTW, your recipes are GREAT...Been trying them quite often. Thanks, and Grok On!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
          BTW, your recipes are GREAT...Been trying them quite often. Thanks, and Grok On!
          So glad you are enjoying them. I have been pretty slack in the past few months getting new stuff up, I need to get on that!

Yesterday's recap: You may have noticed that I have begun adding some white rice back into rotation occasionally. I have been pretty low carb for over a year and decided to increase the carbs a bit with a little white rice here and there to see if my performance is affected, etc. I am also trying to really buckle down on the budget and a little rice filler helps me do that from time to time.

Workout: Rest day

B - 2 scrambled eggs (in coconut oil), coffee w/ cream
          L - Beef & onion soup w/ olive oil drizzle
          D - Chicken and Shrimp with Thai pesto and basmati rice, oven roasted green beans

BOOZE - None!

Heading out to Stone Mountain in a few to get a good workout in. Need to really start focusing on the legs / hill climbs to prepare for the Tough Mudder.
          For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Woops, got distracted by a busy weekend and forgot to make entries. Long story short, enjoyed a burger and fries (with the bun and some avocado, bacon and cheese) and a couple glasses of wine with some good friends. I found it extremely easy to limit my alcohol. I think it has really been a matter of creating a new habit.

Yesterday's workout - Full body interval circuit

B - coconut milk protein smoothie (1/2 banana, berries, fresh ginger), coffee w/ coconut milk
            L - Meatloaf w/ cabbage
            S - Lara bar and a handful of dehydrated sweet potato
            D - 2 scrambled eggs w/ salsa

BOOZE - None! I am really starting to feel comfortable in this moderate-drinking skin. At first I really didn't feel like myself.

Comment

• I had a bad drunk about a month ago and now I am done with the sauce for the rest of my life, stop tempting me to drink!

Comment

• Originally posted by dado View Post
                I had a bad drunk about a month ago and now I am done with the sauce for the rest of my life, stop tempting me to drink!
                I apologize if my efforts to drink less and avoid alcoholism temp you to drink.

Comment

• I gotta believe that "Nobody" tempts anyone except themselves. Super, I think you're doing a great job. Grok On!

Comment

• Thanks SoccerGrok, I totally agree! (on both counts :-)

Yesterdays workout: 4 mile a.m. run, 6 mile p.m. walk

B - 2 cups coffee w/ cream
                    L - beef & onion soup, sauteed broccoli, square 100% dark chocolate
                    D - roasted chicken leg and breast meat, japanese eggplant, and a few roasted red potatoes

BOOZE - opened a beer, took 3 sips, and gave it away. I entertained the notion of a cocktail later in the evening, but decided against it.

Looking forward to some time with the fam this weekend. It has been a stressful week at work unfortunately. Keep on keepin' on everybody!

Comment

• I suppose we all have our off days, and yesterday was certainly one of them. I got really angry about something and decided that a couple beers would make me feel better. I am not an angry person in general, so I suppose I just went straight to the easy coping method. This led to missing my workout and having a couple snacks I did not need whatsoever. This is when it gets hard to be honest in a journal viewed by others!

Yesterday's workout: None
                      I scheduled a difficult workout and ate accordingly and then the workout got skipped, so...

B - 4 eggs scrambled w/ salsa
                      L - Protein smoothie (1/2 banana, berries, coconut milk, whey protein)
                      D - Roasted chicken w/ red potatoes (normally I stick with sweet potatoes, but I had not had red potatoes in a REALLY long time, so we decided to make an exception this week for a couple meals.
                      S - Lara bar, handful peanuts in the shell (Normally I would not even go for peanuts, goes to show what a few drinks does)

BOOZE - 3 beers & 3 vodka sodas= 6 drinks total

Well, dusting myself off and getting back up today

Comment

• We're all human and have "Our Days";-) Like you said, Get back up and wipe off the dust! Just think, Groks day might have been encountering a T-Rex or Sabretooth without having a weapon to fight em off!

Comment

• So, I finally found this thread...sorry it took me so long.

Wow, crazy that we both had pretty bad days yesterday. Hopefully we can both get back up on the horse again!
                          Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
                          Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

• Hey sellen...Just sayin Hey n Grok On!

Comment

• Just caught this thread today. Congrats on your continuing success! I have to say that the true challenge is not giving up alcohol completely. As you stated in the beginning, quitting for a month is easy. The true challenge is that when you do drink, to drink just a little.

I find inspiration in your thread. My biggest challenge in a primal lifestyle is giving up alcohol binges at parties. And by binges I mean multiple six packs on the weekends.

Keep it going!

Comment

Working...
                              X