No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@OnTheBayou: Thom Hartmann, great writer. Have you read The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight?

I'm currently reading Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto and The Culture of Make Believe by Derrick Jensen. Just finished Affluenza by by John de Graaf, David Wann and Thomas Naylor.

Comment

OTB, my prof. assigned Unequal Protection last year. I loved it. Great choice!

Your reading list wins!

Comment

Practical Programming for Strength Training by Mark Rippetoe

Comment

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Still Water Saints

(English major/fiction lover--for science and politics, I rely on the kindness of y'all to tell me what's what.)

Comment

I just received Cooking with Coconut Flour by Bruce Fife, and have been pouring over the recipes all evening! lol

I'm also reading Ysabel by Guy Gavriel Kay (my favorite historical fiction writer in the whole world.)

I'm sort of addicted to reading... I'm always in a book.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

I have a million health/science/psychology books I want to read... but with school it is hard to read for fun. I am reading "Extinction" by Erwin for a class.

Diabetes, GCBC is a tough read for most. I devoured it in a few DAYS. And promptly wanted to read it again. After I was done with it, everything just... clicked. It is worth the brain power.

Comment

Oh Oh, I love talking about books. I always have a little collection of books I'm trying to get through, often multiple books at a time.

But right now, I've managed to only have one book started (and with intentions of finishing) and that's In Defence of Food, a book that I'm sure needs no introduces in these parts.

Comment

Just finished reading The Omnivore's Dilemna by Michael Pollard and will be diving into How Cooking Made us Human by Richard Wrangham.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                  Current weight: 199
                  Goal: 145

Comment

Tomorrow To Be Brave by Susan Travers, memoir of the only woman ever to serve in the French Foreign Legion.

Comment

Wow, everyone's reading some really good books & some of my faves to - The Sprial Dance & Clan of the Cave Bear.

I'm reading Dangergous Grains, The Practice of Traditiontal Herbalism (for herbal school) & Wives, Wenches & Servant Girls but I'm gonna shelf them all (& everything else) if I can get to the bookstore & get Diana Gabaldon's newest book Echo in the Bone.

Comment

Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life by Judith Orloff

@hypnotik - The Alchemist was just recommended to me. I'm going to pick that up next!

Comment

The Zohar and HP and the Half-Blood Prince.

Comment

Great thread Geoff. I was planning on reading The Primal Blueprint after I finished GCBC, but wanted something light. I'm reading

- The new rules of lifting for women - Lou Schuler, Cassandra Forsythe, Alwyn Cosgrove

- Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson

Comment

As I am taking two literature courses this fall, I rarely find time to read anything not on a syllabus. Since I am currently entrenched in eighteenth century fiction, I try to read modern nonfiction for pleasure. Right now I have The Politically Incorrect Guide to Western Civilization by Anthony Esolen on my nightstand. I think I may have to abandon it for now as I find the author's snide tone to be rather irritating. Also, he does not support his views very well.

Next on deck is The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra. Someday I really need to get a copy of GCBC.

Comment

Sounds like we could start quite a virtual book club. I think I'm going to e-mail Mark and see if there's a way they could host a virtual book club about "The Primal Blueprint" here on the site. Perhaps we could go through the book on a chapter by chapter basis?

Though I must say you're making me feel like an intellectual slouch for re-living my high school days vicariously through Henry Rollins' tour diary.

Comment

Working...
                                X