No announcement yet.

How long to notice a difference?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My digestion took a good month to level out with, and I was similar to you, already eating mostly whole "healthy" foods. The transition to begin to repair your gut can manifest itself in different ways for different people. For me it was weeks of very loose poops and frequent nausea. After 3 or 4 weeks of clean primal eating, I literally woke one morning and felt like a new person, better than I had ever felt in my entire life, even though the first few weeks of primal eating were some of the worst I have felt in my entire life.

Very encouraging--exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Comment

I'm bloated too!

Hey,
      I've only just started PB and I'm bloating up too. The whole bloated thing is not unusual for me anyhow (I have crohns) and I'm assuming my gut is just adjusting to a newer way of eating. Hoping it settles donwn soon though and I can kick the preggers look in the a**!

Comment

You mentioned Tamari earlier if i is proper Tamari is should not have wheat in it.

You mention a lot of good fat and protein then you mention some salad and other veg in passing. Make sure you are eating enough veg as well...that old adage meat and two veg still applies.

As to your original question I too ate fairly clean leading to going primal, my big sins being a bowl of ancient grains cereal and perhaps a bit of rice, pasta or a tattie in the evenings. So very little of the bad stuff at all. Going Primal I ate the same but replaced the "starch" with an extra helping of veg and I noticed a huge change right away.
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Also, your concerns about being ill after a piece of cake are very dependent on the individual. Too much sugar or bad oils can sometimes make me feel a little ill, but some Taiwanese beef noodle soup, or a cupcake on occasion don't cause me noticeable issues beyond (very) minor indigestion or a slight inflammation of my sinuses, if I even notice at all.

Comment

Working...
          X