No announcement yet.

The Five Foot Nothin' Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, what are you talking about? I love been on a short size. All the guys always want to lend a hand or be all protective over me. I feel like such a delicate flower

Comment

Oh Sassa sometimes we can't help it! You see those girls with long slender legs...then your own stubs...okay so it's not really that bad, but everyone has their days you know? The hubs loves that I'm short since he's not all that tall, only 5'8", but I still only come up to his chin with no shoes on (or Vibrams like I'm usually wearing). He certainly has the "protect the short ones" mentality

You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Well, yes, being small and petite and apparently delicate can be fun, and rather more fun than being seen as too tough. Although that conception is usually destroy once they see me kickboxing with my trainer.

But a couple of inches would be nice... cause even standard height guys seem too tall when I go and hug them. And kissing sometimes just gets plain painful on my back! I just want to be my mum's height! I am the only person I know who didn't reach her mother's height!

Comment

No matter the sizes, it all meets in the middle.....

Comment

I'm 5'3". My hubby is the same height as me, and he swears he's 5'5", so I let him believe that to protect his delicate ego

I've only been on the Primal diet for 12 days, but I've already lost 11 lbs. I've got another 110 to lose.

Comment

wug, I didn't reach my mom's height either.

I am 5'6.5''

My sister is 5'5''

My mother is 5'8''

In my case though, I am glad I am shorter.

We think my brother is going to be huge though. He is 15 right now and is six foot (my dad is a little over 6'1'&#39.

Again, genetics are bizarre. I was talking about body shapes on another thread. My mom and I wear the same pants even though I am 25 pounds heavier than her.

Comment

The shortest member of my family is the youngest daughter, 5'10". Next oldest sister, one inch more. Oldest daughter and Mom, six feet.

Comment

klcarbaugh/OTB - wanna swap me a few inches? I'm sure I have something to swap with... Though your family is interesting, in my personal experience/observation, it's always been the youngest ends up the tallest!

I don't know if I will ever quite reconcile with myself, the fact that my mother, at 5'3", is still taller than both her children.

We both clearly got our dad's height, as he is the same height as my mum!

Comment

I used to leave next door to this family where a mom was 5" and all three of her kids were over 6 feet tall. It was hilarious watching her chase them around the yard yelling about something they did. She seemed so harmless comparing to their sizes Yeah, genetics are a strange thing.

Comment

My family went the other way. My grandmother was 4'11", my mother about 5' even. Both my sister and are are 5'3".

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                      Current weight: 199
                      Goal: 145

Comment

Being little is all fine and good...until I need to drive! Funnily enough, no-one makes pick up trucks and tractors with the petite lady in mind!

Lads over the road have the opposite problem - they don't even fit in a landrover!

Comment

NorthernMonkeyGirl, that funny that you mentioned that. I was watching one of the Bourne movies the other night and I was thinking out loud about the part where Bourne steals someone's car as people are chasing after him and drives off like an idiot. What if the car that he stole was driven by one of us short people? He would at least had to move the seat away. My boyfriend has to do that all the time when he drives my car. That I thought that every single movie that I ever saw where someone steals someone's car, it's always a perfect fit. How very unrealistic

Comment

Me too!!! 4'11.5"

Comment

Working...
                            X