No announcement yet.

HI just joined today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings All, I was asked a question concerning Beef. I eat a lot of Fatty Beef Brisket. A (ZC) forum member asked me if I preferred it because it may taste better than Prime cuts. Hey I like all beef as long as it is not tough and dry. I almost never ate beef before (ZC). I ate chicken like it was going out of style lol! I tried two weeks of chicken thighs and it was a big flop. Why? I dunno. I did not lose weight during that time. I switched back to Beef and let the good times roll. Have a Great Day and Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

http://zero-carb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sharonll View Post
      Oh, I totally think that eating beef and drinking water is ZC.

But on your blog you say, "A Zero Carber can eat anything in the Animal Kingdom: All meats and related products such as milk, cheese, eggs and so on. If in doubt just ask yourself is this from the animal kingdom or the plant kingdom and that should answer your question."

So, that's what I based my question on.
      This is why I think the term ZC is silly. Call yourself a carnivore instead. Not only does it take the focus off making your diet restrictive but it sounds more awesome.
      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
        This is why I think the term ZC is silly. Call yourself a carnivore instead. Not only does it take the focus off making your diet restrictive but it sounds more awesome.
        Bushrat (and Sharon) , I Tell You What: THANKS. I have changed my personal description on my Zero Carb Blog aka Carnivore Blog. That does sound a bit cooler lol! Hey in reality that is what I am. At least at this point. My "About Me" now reads: "First of All I go by Dave, I eat only meat and drink only water. This is the purest form of Zero Carbing. Battle On!!!" I have got to say I really Digg your Avatar! You are too bad Bushrat. Battle on my Friend!!!

BTW I was invited to post my Blog on "Before It's News" ( beforeitsnews.com ) it looks like an online magazine/news paper. I dunno. So anyway today was my first post in the HEALTH section. Go figure.

Cheers,

Dave
        Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Greetings All, from your resident Carnivore lol! I was asked to share my Zero Carb Blog with a site called "Before It's News" it is like an online news paper I guess. It has many sections. I was asked to contribute to its "Health" section. At first I ignored the email I received. Then they requested again. So I sent them an email with a few questions to make sure it was legit. It appeared pretty cool so I went ahead and started to contribute to their site. I will see where it goes or should I say "how" it goes. Hey I am still fired up with all the weight I have lost. 70 lbs as of today. So whatever your endeavors Stay Strong, Live Long and Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
          Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Glad to help. I hope you get plenty of exposure with that magazine.

EDIT: There used to be other carnivores on this forum but they migrated. You should check out the dirty carnivore site and forum if you are looking for more like minded carnivore folks.
            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

HI Bushrat, thank you. You know for as long as I am welcome I really like it here. Hey I am just a happy go lucky kind of guy. In this stage in my life I just want peace. Believe me I have had plenty of battles in the past, like around 20 years ago. I'm talking hand to hand combat, life and death situations. I share these thing with only the ones that were there with me. Actually I just had a Reunion with them at my place two weekends ago. I made grilled Rib eyes, Steamed Snow Crab with Corn and potatoes. I also made some Mexican rice and charro beans. Theses guys are SADers. More important these are my "Band of Brothers". They were all there during that time period and they all well to know the way it was. Like I said I really don't discuss this past with anyone except them. I am a full time member at ZIOH btw. I have read a little at "Dirty Carnivores" they seem to be OK. I do love this place. It is so vast, I could just get lost here lol. Thanks for stopping by. BTW I have a group member by the name of Martilla that lives Down Under. She is known as Tilla a real sweetheart. Anyway Keep the Faith and Battle On Bushrat!!!

Cheers,

Dave
              Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Hi all, I just posted this something on my blog and I want to share. It has nothing really to do with Way of Eating but more so with inspiration. Here it is:

Hey I just had to share this. I was watching Star Trek Enterprise. OK you may be thinking "Oh no Dave is a Trekkie. I just knew he was not normal." Well that was not what I wanted relay. I just really noticed the theme song and it was awesome. Just awesome. Now this is the part I'm talking about:

It's been a long road

Get'n from there to here
                It's been a long time
                But my time is finally near

I will see my dreams come alive at last
                I will touch the sky
                And they're not gonna hold me down no more
                No they're not gonna change my mind

'Cause I've got faith of the heart
                I'm going where my heart will take me
                I've got faith to believe
                I can do anything
                I've got strength of the soul
                No one's going to bend nor break me
                I can reach any star
                I've got faith
                I've got faith
                Faith of the heart

WOW, those word ring so true for me concerning my Journey. I have never even noticed until now. INCREDIBLE! It took me by total surprise. I think I am going to make this my new theme song. So I am corny like that. HA!

Star Trek Enterprise
                YouTube - STARTREK ENTERPRISE-Faith Of The Heart - Russell Watson
                Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Wow what a great day in The Woodlands TX and what a great weekend coming up. Spring is in full gear down here. I am just loving it. What is a poor Carnivore to do during Lent? Yikes!!! Well I plan on eating fish or just fasting on Fridays. I have not fasted in a long time and it might be interesting to see how it effects my weight loss. Fish does sound good though. I will just have to see how the day plays out and roll with the punches. Hey today is Friday and I am feeling quite good at the moment. This is indeed a very nice place to post and read. I tell you what I could just move here and enjoy the scenery lol.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and weekend wherever you are.

Cool Runnings (Peace Be the Journey)

Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Greetings my Primal Brothers and Sisters from your Carnivore brother. I am happy to report that today I hit an all time low. As of today I weighed in at 188.2 lbs. This is just shy of 72 lbs lost since 6/21/2010. Thats under 9 months and still going strong. My start weight was 260 lbs. I posted some "Before" and "In Progress" pictures on this thread on page 2 post #12. Hey I could do cartwheels and at my weight now I probably could lol! Keep the Faith!!!

Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
                    Last edited by The Chronicles of David; 03-13-2011, 08:54 AM.
                    Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Howdy all, I am glad to report that I crossed out my last Mini goal of 189 lbs and posted my new Mini Goal of 179 lbs. I am so excited. It will be interesting to see how long it takes. By 179 I should be very close to my "Right Weight" I guess. HA! Only time will tell. I feel strong and full of energy. I hope everyone has a Great Day. Keep the Faith and Always Battle On!!!

Cheers,

Dave
                      Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

You are rocking, Dave! Congratulations on your progress. I love your optimistic, upbeat style. You are a true inspiration to me.
                        Thanks,
                        Sharon

Comment

Originally posted by Sharonll View Post
                          You are rocking, Dave! Congratulations on your progress. I love your optimistic, upbeat style. You are a true inspiration to me.
                          Thanks,
                          Sharon
                          Hey Sharon, thank you. I am just a man on a mission. I try to be positive and always true. The world is already full of negativity. I don't have time for all that mess. I surround myself with folks like you that are making an honest effort to improve their lives. That is what I love about this forum. AS of today I have lost a total of 72 pounds in less than 9 months. I hope all is well on your Journey. Live Long!! Be Strong!! Battle On!!!

Dave
                          Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Hi friends, today marks 9 months on Zero Carb without any cheats or cravings and a total weight loss of 72.2 pounds. I feel great and energy seems to be sparking all over the place. I gotta tellya I just love waking up to another day. I wake: Strong, Rested and Ready to take on the day with a positive outlook on life. Have a great day my friends. Keep the Faith!!!

From you Carnivore brother,

Dave
                            Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Hi my forum friends. I am on my way to Dallas this saturday to for a "Meat Up" at a Brazillian Resturant. I will meet like minded folks folks from all over the country and Canada who eat like me. I have met some of them before at the San Antonio "Meat Up" and it was really fun. This one will be a little bigger. I just can't wait. It will be a day trip for me. So ti will be around 7 hours of driving round trip for me. Hey just call me the road warrior lol! I hope everyone has a great week end. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!

From your Carnivore Ally,

Cheers,

Dave
                              Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Howdy Y'all, well a lot has happened since I posted last. I ended up injuring my hand. Yes, a rather stupid accident. I used a knife instead of scissors to remove a tag from a pair of eye glasses and stabbed myself between the forefinger and thumb. The cut was pretty deep and it hurt real bad at the time. That actually happened on the night of my last post. Jeez. I am much better now and the pain is minimal to none. I am healing very well and I attribute that to my way of eating.

I tell you what: I am enjoying Life more and more with each day. I have dropped a ton of weight and I feel it. Life is good and it can only get better. I feel as tho I was born again. I have tons of energy and often have to contain myself at my office desk by putting on ear buds and listing to old school 1990s dance club music and tap to the beat lol! It is 100% true my Friends.

I wanted to drop by and give this little update and tell everyone how much I appreciate this wonderful forum. THANKS!

Whatever you do, Do it to the fullest. Keep the Faith and Battle On!!!

Your Carnivore Brother in Arms,

Dave
                                Dave's Zero Carb Blog:

Comment

Working...
                                X