No announcement yet.

Primals / Paleo ppls from New Jersey!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha... well, next fall, I'll be the guy wearing blue and gold on October 15th...

Comment

Originally posted by afaqanjum28 View Post
      hey made fun of him, lol, (i know im so cool, right? ). But, on to a more relevant matter; where to get lard or tallow in NJ? I cant find it anywhere and there is barely any butcher shops near me, the ironic thing is, is that im about to try a kosher butcher,She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45
      If you find out where to get lard or tallow let me know, iv'e checked everywhere and all i can find is the hydrogenated stuff, yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBerserker View Post
        If you find out where to get lard or tallow let me know, iv'e checked everywhere and all i can find is the hydrogenated stuff, yuck!
        I found a place for ghee (to order, I think they're in Princeton and I don't really wanna drive...) but I did buy some hella hydrogenated Goya lard. I paid $2 for it so... yeah I'm gonna use it haha. I have so far been using it to fry sweet potatoes but I don't reuse any of it I dispose of it. I figure one tub won't kill a brother considering my already atrocious eating choices. There's some farms listed on eatwild.org for NJ but I think NY state is the place to look for this stuff, even some hidden little stores in NYC would have this but the source is what matters most to me.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Know any primary care docs around here that don't give you crap for eating primal?

Comment

Originally posted by zackpassman View Post
            Know any primary care docs around here that don't give you crap for eating primal?
            Yup. Scott Berk, in Hampton (Hunterdon County) NJ. He's not a primal-pusher himself, but definitely gets it.

Just found this thread. I live in Hunterdon, work in Somerset County. Due to excellent luck, my apartment is exactly 6 miles from Mini Mac Farm, which you can find on the EatWild site, where I get a lot of my meat/proteins. I highly recommend them for sure.

I also have a separate place that I buy lots of my beef that is 100% grass-fed, but 0% USDA inspected in Hunterdon County. If anybody wants the details (there's no website or anything) shoot me a PM and I'll put you in touch with them. Grass-fed beef from a heritage breed of cattle called Highland for VERY reasonable prices.

I buy beef tallow online from US Wellness Meats. Don't know of any sources for lard or tallow more locally.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Yup. Scott Berk, in Hampton (Hunterdon County) NJ. He's not a primal-pusher himself, but definitely gets it.

Just found this thread. I live in Hunterdon, work in Somerset County. Due to excellent luck, my apartment is exactly 6 miles from Mini Mac Farm, which you can find on the EatWild site, where I get a lot of my meat/proteins. I highly recommend them for sure.

I also have a separate place that I buy lots of my beef that is 100% grass-fed, but 0% USDA inspected in Hunterdon County. If anybody wants the details (there's no website or anything) shoot me a PM and I'll put you in touch with them. Grass-fed beef from a heritage breed of cattle called Highland for VERY reasonable prices.

I buy beef tallow online from US Wellness Meats. Don't know of any sources for lard or tallow more locally.
              good to know. i grew up in hunterdon and live in warren now. i've heard that minimac is great.

you can also get beef from harvest home meats in bangor, pa. good meat and good prices. although i'm going to shoot you a pm in a minute.

Comment

Is anyone down for a group buy in south or central New Jersey? I'd like to get the best bulk price possible without shelling out a grand. I'm looking at Vitality in Bridgeton, Neptune in Salem, and 7th Heaven in Tabernacle.

Here's the EatWild map of every farm in New Jersey in case anyone hasn't seen it: http://bit.ly/SKaUow
                Last edited by alexphilosopher; 11-04-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Hello! From Bergen County here!

I hope everyone, especially down by the shore is doing alright after the storm!!!! STAY WARM!!!

Comment

I'm from northern NJ, Sussex County, hello everyone!!!

Comment

In South Jersey, heart of the Pinelands, lots of trees!

Comment

I visited 7th Heaven couple weeks ago, placed an order, top shelf. Good people.

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm in Hudson county. Anyone know where I can find pastured raised eggs for a decent price?

Comment

Hey I'm new in Nj and as well in this forum and i am also interested to join the group. so Anyone here give me the link of the group so i can join it.

Comment

I'm in Red Bank. Nice to find the Jersey folks on here! Just heard of a Paleo restaurant in Avon-By-The-Sea called Cave. Can't wait to try it!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I'm searching for the actual Jersey group and can't find it. Can anyone post a link or tell us where to look? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X