No announcement yet.

Primals / Paleo ppls from New Jersey!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, apparently if you eat 3 they will name the sandwich after you. I had 2 1/2 and threw in the towel - that was a few years back... My brother graduated from Rutgers in 2005 and I was visiting..

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaella View Post
      Lol. I was raised and lived in the Vineland/Millville area for like, 21 years.
      I moved here about 4 years ago... Grew up in Winslow Twp.

Comment

Originally posted by esloser View Post
        Yes, apparently if you eat 3 they will name the sandwich after you. I had 2 1/2 and threw in the towel - that was a few years back... My brother graduated from Rutgers in 2005 and I was visiting..
        Wow. That's impressive! I've seen those sandwiches and eating 3 is no small feat.
        I'm planning on downing a 1-pound burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger tomorrow... but I only get my picture on the wall for that lol
        However, considering I'm a mere 5 feet and 96 lbs, I think it's an accomplishment lol :P
        My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by climbergirl View Post
          Wow. That's impressive! I've seen those sandwiches and eating 3 is no small feat.
          I'm planning on downing a 1-pound burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger tomorrow... but I only get my picture on the wall for that lol
          However, considering I'm a mere 5 feet and 96 lbs, I think it's an accomplishment lol :P
          I don't know if I would use impressive to describe it, but it is something else. I was determined that having a sandwich named after me would be my legacy, yet it wasn't to be. I now set my goals a little higher...

Good luck with that 1-pound burger!!! So, when you leave there you will still be 5 feet tall, but weigh 97 lbs.

Comment

Something else indeed lol. And thanks with the burger... throw in the bacon, cheese (I can't decide what kind I want lol), and guacamole and I might even come out weighing 98!
            My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Something else indeed lol. And thanks with the burger... throw in the bacon, cheese (I can't decide what kind I want lol), and guacamole and I might even come out weighing 98!
              All that sounds pretty good too... Enjoy...

What year are you in at Rutgers?

Comment

Come on! Half of NJ is lovely countryside, farm land, and not paved over. Most of the veg we eat around here comes from Joyzee.
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Thanks, will do!
                  I'm finishing up my sophomore year here; still trying/hoping to find some fellow primals around the Brunz

Comment

Hey in from north jersey but go to school down at Stockton. I've been trying to become primal but have decided to make the official leap today

Comment

Thanks, will do!
                      I'm finishing up my sophomore year here; still trying/hoping to find some fellow primals around the Brunz
                      I'm guessing the whole primal way of life isnt big on college campuses filled with pizza places and fast food. I make it up that way once or twice a year for football games. My brother has season tickets and I usually go when one of my alma maters is playing Rutgers.

Comment

Nope; people here live on their cereal and ramen and fat sandwiches lol. It's funny the looks I get at the dining hall when I pile my plate with meat and butter and whatnot. Skinny people stare on in jealousy as they wilt into their sad excuse of a salad and the jacked guys with their million egg whites, discarded yolks and five chicken breasts look on in confusion haha

That's cool that your bro has season tickets; I usually try and go to the games :P

Comment

Nope; people here live on their cereal and ramen and fat sandwiches lol. It's funny the looks I get at the dining hall when I pile my plate with meat and butter and whatnot. Skinny people stare on in jealousy as they wilt into their sad excuse of a salad and the jacked guys with their million egg whites, discarded yolks and five chicken breasts look on in confusion haha

That's cool that your bro has season tickets; I usually try and go to the games :P
                          Lol back when i ate SAD i had one of those fat sandwiches...They weren't that good. My GF just packs her own lunch when she goes to rutgers, she says people will stare at her when she occasionally gnaws on some steak in class.

Comment

My brother goes to pretty much all of the games - trying to relive his college days. He bought me a Rutgers jersey one year so he didn't have to sit next to me wearing a Navy one anymore... Made him uncomfortable I think.

I remember the days eating like that... but I was never into the whole ramen thing - that just didn't sit right in my mind. Take a brick of intertwined noodles throw in some water and microwave...

Comment

hey made fun of him, lol, (i know im so cool, right? ). But, on to a more relevant matter; where to get lard or tallow in NJ? I cant find it anywhere and there is barely any butcher shops near me, the ironic thing is, is that im about to try a kosher butcher,She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45
                              car MP3 Player

MP3 Player

Comment

Originally posted by esloser View Post
                                My brother goes to pretty much all of the games - trying to relive his college days. He bought me a Rutgers jersey one year so he didn't have to sit next to me wearing a Navy one anymore... Made him uncomfortable I think.

I remember the days eating like that... but I was never into the whole ramen thing - that just didn't sit right in my mind. Take a brick of intertwined noodles throw in some water and microwave...
                                Yea, not my plate of beef... I'd take a steak over ramen any day
                                Haha and yea, at Rutgers games you don't want to be caught fraternizing with people not wearing Rutgers gear... it can end badly lol

Comment

Working...
                                X