No announcement yet.

Primals / Paleo ppls from New Jersey!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work at Rutgers and live near New Brunswick...climbergirl, the food choice here is truly dire! I hate when I forget/don't have lunch to bring because the primal options are slim!

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
      i know of a few farms, primarily in sussex county, and a few in eastern PA where we can get grassfed beef, pastured pork, heritage chickens and turkeys, etc.
      Thats kind of in my area and near my family, is there stuff for sale? and if so, can i get some information?

Comment

Originally posted by primalknitter View Post
        I work at Rutgers and live near New Brunswick...climbergirl, the food choice here is truly dire! I hate when I forget/don't have lunch to bring because the primal options are slim!
        Really!?? Where at Rutgers? I'm on Cook (in SEBS) and Neilson is bearable... in terms of food, it's annoying having to always ask for stuff though
        My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by esloser View Post
          Climbergirl - Grease trucks? Kidding of course... Almost had sandwich named after me one night
          I can say (with some pride) that I never had one, even before I went primal lol - they look like an experiment. And you almost had one named after you?!? That's awesome haha!
          My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBerserker View Post
            My girlfriend goes to Rutgers, she is also primal. She has an account on this website, but she never uses it. I'm the one who explains all this stuff to her, but i dont blame here driving 45 minutes to Rutgers and working both full time she doesn't have much free time.
            Still, it's cool that you guys are both primal - I have yet to meet anyone here who is... I love the looks I get when I say that I don't eat bread and pasta and whatnot. What year is she?

Comment

Originally posted by climbergirl View Post
              Really!?? Where at Rutgers? I'm on Cook (in SEBS) and Neilson is bearable... in terms of food, it's annoying having to always ask for stuff though
              I work on College Ave Campus at the GSE...about 5 mins walk from the grease trucks! I usually go downtown to Saladworks since it's not AS bad as the student center...the middle eastern place has a gyro platter that I can get with baba ganoush instead of hummus, so it's just a nice salad, strips of meat and the dip. Still not great since the meat is SO salty and I bet it has fillers. It's the gyro meat they slice off the spit.

Comment

Originally posted by twobrain View Post
                Eat Wild - New Jersey

this place looks good Simply Grazin

ill be interested in doing a group buy
                That would be awesome! I'll definitely be looking more into this later in the summer once I move in to my place and am actually cooking. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by primalknitter View Post
                  I work on College Ave Campus at the GSE...about 5 mins walk from the grease trucks! I usually go downtown to Saladworks since it's not AS bad as the student center...the middle eastern place has a gyro platter that I can get with baba ganoush instead of hummus, so it's just a nice salad, strips of meat and the dip. Still not great since the meat is SO salty and I bet it has fillers. It's the gyro meat they slice off the spit.
                  I found the Chipotle on George Street has pretty good options on those rare occasions when I splurge and eat "out"... I just get either a salad or burrito bowl minus the rice and beans, extra meat and guacamole. I'm tempted to try the gyro meat at the dining hall when they do it, but I haven't worked up the courage for that yet haha

Comment

Originally posted by climbergirl View Post
                    Still, it's cool that you guys are both primal - I have yet to meet anyone here who is... I love the looks I get when I say that I don't eat bread and pasta and whatnot. What year is she?
                    I think she is a junior. She has (not including this semester) two semesters left. Not really sure though. I told her about the paleo people from MDA and she wants to try to meet up with you and probably primalknitter too if you guys are interested. It'll be unique for us cause we never met any other paleo people.

Comment

Originally posted by esloser View Post
                      I'm in South Jersey - Vineland / Millville Area...
                      Lol. I was raised and lived in the Vineland/Millville area for like, 21 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaella View Post
                        Lol. I was raised and lived in the Vineland/Millville area for like, 21 years.
                        I haven't been on the forums long, but is it strange that the only two people with motorcycle related avatars are from NJ?

Haha Raphaella, i'm sure you noticed my avatar as i have noticed yours. Too bad we didn't live closer or i'd suggest we go on a ride together, also too bad my bike is a piece of crap that i constantly need to fix. BTW push a motorcycle 2 miles for time for a workout with hills, HARDEST WORKOUT EVER, and you could probably taste cortisol dripping from my pours.

Comment

I think she is a junior. She has (not including this semester) two semesters left. Not really sure though. I told her about the paleo people from MDA and she wants to try to meet up with you and probably primalknitter too if you guys are interested. It'll be unique for us cause we never met any other paleo people.
                          That would be awesome! I'm definitely interested... we go on break starting this weekend, but once I'm back I'm down for meeting up

Comment

Too bad we didn't live closer or i'd suggest we go on a ride together, also too bad my bike is a piece of crap that i constantly need to fix. BTW push a motorcycle 2 miles for time for a workout with hills, HARDEST WORKOUT EVER, and you could probably taste cortisol dripping from my pours.
                            Actually I'm still learning(on my friend's Triumph Speed Triple), I'm getting a Street Triple for myself in the next couple months. My friend has a Nissan Titan that I push around for exercise...don't think I would wanna push anything for two miles though!

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaella View Post
                              Actually I'm still learning(on my friend's Triumph Speed Triple), I'm getting a Street Triple for myself in the next couple months. My friend has a Nissan Titan that I push around for exercise...don't think I would wanna push anything for two miles though!
                              OMG, that is literally the bike of my dreams. I have literally bored my GF to death talking about that bike (she loves bikes too, but i took it overboard). Its either the Triumph Street Triple or the Aprillia 750 shiver, but i think the triumph is just way too damn sexy. So jealous that you even got to ride one. I'm stuck with a crappy 1992 honda vt600 shadow. Don't even get me started why that bike sucks. Only good thing about it; i learned how to fix bikes, but only because its either i fixed it or it sits in the garage.

Comment

Well I haven't ridden a Street Triple yet, only the Speed Triple. Sexy indeed. I'm getting a black and white one. I like Aprillias a lot too. Props for being able to work on your bike, I plan on learning to work on mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X