Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from MI

Hi everybody,

I'm 56 and did Atkins for a few years back in 2002, lost 50lbs and kept it off until 2008 when I insanely went off low carb and gained 60lbs. I picked up Marks book at Borders one day and bought it. Looks very similar to Atkins (a good thing) and is good reading and encouraging even though I know most of the details. I've lost 13lbs so far and am back into the low carb living.

So far I like Marks idea of organic everything if possible. I like his ideas on exercise. I like the research on supplements and sunshine. I think I'll like this forum as well.

Bill

Welcome!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Welcome. I grew up in GR, MI though I now live in the south.

In MI, it's pretty darn difficult to get much D at any time. I spent a lot of time on the beach in Grand Haven this summer, in a bikini, midday, no sunscreen and my D levels fell 18 points.

All the best to you,
      Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Awesome! I'm a Traverse City boy, moving to Florida in Feb for a few months to escape the winter!

Good to see other Michiganders on here!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I'm up near Indian River and I agree it's hard to get enough sun here especially in the winter.
          Have fun in Florida fusarium.

Comment

Welcome to the community, I am new as well and I look forward to what is available for knowledge to apply towards life.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. The only thing my doctor "scolded" me on was Vitamin D. Everything else looked pretty good, even without Primal, although I know I need help.

Is tanning a terrible, un-natural, un-primal idea? Not to brown, just for 5 minutes or so to up vitamin D a couple of times a week? Or are pills a better bet? Anyone know?

Comment

Nice to 'meat' you. Hope to see you around the forum.
                sigpicDoing my 30 day paleo challenge right now
                www.everydaypaleosolution.com

Comment

Working...
                X