Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought we could try this. (Friday Primals)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QOTD: no tatoo's I don't volunteer for pain

had enough of it in this lifetime.

DI: carrots cooked wiht a big pot roast

WR: kicked butt at my bootcamp class last night, a bit sore today.

FR: going to the trail to do sprints today for the first time. it is sunny yippe. going to make coconut bread this weekend and pork chops with mustard sauce for dinner.

NPR: besides my body I am doing some spirit work and reading "the Journey within" great book and trying to get more into meditation!

Comment

QOTD: No tats, had my ear pierced long ago

DI: Shredded carrots over a big 'ol salad

WR: I got my butt seriously kicked and now I'm all bandaged up from my workout yesterday... here's a pic:

FR: I'm doing an iFast today... but makin some BBQ spare ribs to break the fast at about 8pm tonight. Lookin forward to that!

NPR: Happy Friday and Labor Day weekend everyone!!

-Sean

www.SeanBissell.com

Comment

QOTD: No tats, but I have my tongue and both nipples pierced. Got my first nip done when I was 35. Other one a month later when I thought it looked lonely. Tongue followed six months later. I stopped there. Never had my ears done, never wanted to. I have small delicate ears with hardly any lobe, and I like them as they are.

DI: Love raw carrots. At one stage I ate enough that my palms started turning orange. Have been v.low carbing recently so carrots have been out, but not permanently

WR: Been doing weights a lot this week - holiday next week so I'm making sure I get in as much as I can before I go. I have terrible squat form so have been working on that by adding box squats to my routine.

FR: A colleague took me to lunch today for helping her with her project. I had a spinach salad with chicken, goats cheese and pine nuts. (She had pasta). It was delicious.

NPR: I'm flying to Korea tomorrow for a Korea and Japan rollercoaster holiday. I am crazy about theme parks. I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie. This is my first trip to Asia so I'm really excited. PS, I'm 42, and I refuse to grow up.

Comment

Fantastic Friday Primals!

QOTD: I have no tattoos - yet - but I have three piercings: a captive bead in each earlobe and a labret-type stud above that in the right ear. These were done about four weeks ago and the left one is still healing.

DI: I don't have a clue what to do with carrots. They're too sweet, so they're verboten for me.

WR: I've noticed that aerobics spikes my sugars, but lifting doesn't. It's almost enough to make me scream with frustration, because aerobics is a lot more fun for me (I love to dance).

FR: Last night we had a friend over and I made my broccoli beef with ribeye steak and cauliflower rice. She raved over it and wanted the recipe.

NPR: We have our kids this weekend. I can't wait; I miss them so much! And it's the older one's 12th birthday on Monday, so we're celebrating it this weekend.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Three piercings, all in my ears. One lower-back tattoo.

Baby carrots are candy!

SO sore from lifting yesterday (but it's a good, clean pain), will just walk today ;-)

Still full from (late) dinner yesterday; havin coffee.

TGIF!!!

Comment

Ooh, fun!

QOTD: Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Standard one hole in each ear, and one tattoo, a sun/moon celestial on my upper left arm.

DI: Carrots...not a huge fan. I can eat them roasted, or in soups and stews, but I don't care for them raw.

WR: Going to go out to the ballfield later and play Frisbee with my son.

FR: Just had a bowl of blueberries and raspberries with walnuts and ground flaxseed, covered with homemade cinnamon coconut cream. Yum!!

NPR: We unschool our son, and we all just went to our first unschooling conference last week. It was awesome, and we met so many cool people. Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have a Primal conference??

Comment

QOTD: 7 tats, 7 piercings

DI: I hate carrots

WR: I am on exercise burn-out and need a break.

FR: I'm getting tired of eggs.

NPR: TGIF and yay for the long weekend!

Comment

QOTD: Ears Pierced, and one tattoo on my lower back that I got with my dad when i went away to college (insert *awe* here)

DI: I shred them with a mandolin along with cabbage and beets and make a dressing with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, s+p and cumin/coriander.

WR: Have been sick since Monday so haven't run or done anything overly strenuous since then. Went for a nice walk this morning though, think I need to walk more often.

FR: Have been drinking a shake in place of a meal for the last three days (1/2 cup each: coconut milk, hemp milk, water. 1/2 an avocado, 1/2 a banana, 2 cups Spinach, 1 teaspoon fish oils, and a scoop of protein powder) it's so f*cking delicious and is really filling (it IS about 800 calories... haha)

NPR: Playing in a Beach (volleyball) tournament this weekend. Should be good times.

Comment

Aw, I got my tattoo with my mom! Not the same thing, but we went together and it was nice to not be alone

You are what you eat,
                    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

QOTD: Ears pierced (once each), no tats... I think maybe someday I'll get something else... I like the ear piercings that are high up on the ear (just one) or maybe a little tat on my hip or ankle or something... something cute and small. But for now I'm just vanilla.

DI: I've been making egg salad and then scooping it up with carrot sticks. Mmm.

WR: Husband and I have been feeling icky this week but yesterday I made myself lift sorta-heavy things and do jumping jacks. My calves are all tight now because of the jjs.

FR: Addicted to my coconut milk cocktail. And this morning I used some leftover veggies to make a "fried rice" with scrambly eggs (without the rice). It was delicious.

NPR: Got to ride in a jet last week. It pretty much rocked. And I looked pretty bad-ass.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Fancy! I'd say you definitely look bad-ass, and I'm guessing the rest of the guys on the runway thought so too You and maba keep making me want thai and indian food, thank goodness I got it on the menu for next week!

You are what you eat,

Comment

hannah, that day it was mostly ladies on the runway. haha. (well their husbands were all there too). We all looked pretty hot.

What're you making next week to fulfill your thai/indian craving?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

hubba hubba FNW!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

@FNW: Baby, ohhhhhhh BABY!!!

Super hot photo :-)

Comment

I'm actually going to do the Moroccan Chicken casserole that was posted last week maybe? It sounds delicious, and has the ginger/coriander/cilantro/cauliflower rice that I've been craving

And I'm making beef and broccoli, and lamb chops with veggies and hollandaise

You are what you eat,

Comment

Working...
                                X