Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is Alexis. I have been experimenting with Paleo for a year, figuring out what works best for me, as a young, social woman.

Comment

• Hi, I'm new on the forum and just started eating one healthy meal a day. Also, I've incorporate one spoonful of peanut butter daily to satisfy my hungry pain. Have anyone tried this and if so, what was the results?

Comment

• Hi I am new here, and a little computer illiterate, so my apologies if I have done this wrong! I have been living the primal lifestyle now for 7 weeks, and wow what an incredible transformation. I have lost 5kg, am now sleeping all night, I do not ache when I wake up in the morning, and I am so NOT hungry - its fabulous

Your location: I live just out of Christchurch, New Zealand, and yes we have been rocking and rolling steadily now for 18 + months.

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: I am not eating any processed foods, sugar or grains. However I am having coffee with a little cream.

Do you consume dairy: Just 1/4 cup of cream each morning.... in my 2 x coffees

Do you drink coffee or tea: ditto and black tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was hospitalized for 8 days, three years ago, with a suspected spider bite/rose thorn infection. The poison tracked up my arm and into my head. For the last three years I have been quite unwell, ached continuously, headaches, etc...etc... long story. I have been trying for sometime to cleanse my system and get well. My doctor has totally fobbed me off several times, and has suggested that time will heal !
        Through my investigation on the net, I stumbled across Marks Daily Apple. Wow... an absolute life changer

Favorite exercise: Walking/jogging

Favorite Primal food: I am a farmer so.......meat, meat and a little more meat

Best part about being Primal: feeling well again after so long of dis-ease

Worst part about being Primal: My friends and families negative reactions
        Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 07-20-2012, 08:52 PM.
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to being Primal and am so excited to have started this lifestyle…HOWEVER, I have some questions and concerns due to my longstanding relationship with Conventional Wisdom. I was hoping some of the veterans on here could possibly help me out.

Firstly, let me just introduce myself- I’m Michelle and have been in the health/fitness industry for the past 10 years. I have literally put my body through more experiments than a lab rat all in the name of becoming fitter and healthier. Last year, despite copious exercise (I teach fitness classes as part of my living) and watching my diet (I even joined Weight Watchers and got a dietician) my weight crept up 15 lbs and starting having all sorts of symptoms and was subsequently diagnosed with hypothyroid and high cortisol in December 2011. Since then it seems I can lose a couple of lbs and then regain them immediately, and I am so frustrated and depressed because I still don’t have the energy I used to but I have to fake it to my fitness classes, despite being on thyroid medication.

Question #1: YEARS of calorie counting and/or using Weight Watchers Points have been drilled in my head so the idea of NOT counting almost causes a panic attack… I am seriously stressing about gaining more weight. Even though I haven’t been losing, I haven’t been GAINING. I am not doing this for weight loss, I am doing it to feel good and correct/prevent a plethora of health issues in the future, but I also do need to take of this (thyroid) weight.

Fat = EVIL on ALL of those programs so I am really battling the idea of eating so much fat due to the high caloric content. My Livestrong account says I need about 1350 calories a day for my height and weight to lose 1-2 lbs a week. I couldn’t resist finding out my nutrition totals (especially carb g) so logged my first day eating Paleo and I was at 1900 due to the additional fat! This is WAY more than I usually eat, mind you I have had to do over 2 hours of fitness classes today so I was hungry! Mark says you have to listen to your body but I have no idea how to do that anymore after so many years of believing I had to be hungry to lose weight. Should I keep my fat % the same but just try to eat 1350 (which is also incidentally my Basal Metabolic Rate, according to a Nutrition Course that I took, taught by Conventional Wisdom).

I would so love some input on this...I was going to ask another question but this post is becoming a novel so I am going to refrain. Apologies, I have a gregarious nature even on paper

Comment

• I'm new here and I've been slowly transitioning into the "Primal Lifestyle." I just wanted to make sure I could finally post on the forum, I'll tell everyone a little more about myself later.

Comment

• No recomendado para principiantes

Este entrenamiento es muy completo, aunque realmente no lo recomiendo para principiantes, ya que se requiere cierta dureza muscular para poder ejercitar de esta forma los musculos.
              Last edited by eduardorl1302; 10-10-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eduardorl1302 View Post
                Este entrenamiento es muy completo, aunque realmente no lo recomiendo para principiantes, ya que se requiere cierta dureza muscular para poder ejercitar de esta forma los musculos. Lo digo enserio, no debes hacer esto para empezar, esto es mejor hacerlo tras unos 3 meses de endurecimiento de los muscoulos.

Eduardo Rodríguez - interpretacion de los sueños
                Say what!?

Comment

• Hey I've been primal since Monday.. Starting with IF from Sunday at 8pm until lunch Monday (just wasn't hungry) but by lunch was ready to eat not from insulin spike/drop but coz I was ready to eat I'm having minor cravings but more out of habit than actual hunger, first primal exercise yesterday think I overdid it a bit as not exercised for a while, but tight today but living primal is going good just looking forward to my body sorting my energy out of my fat so I can start losing my tummy

Comment

• Dear Mark,

i had been eating primal for a couple of months. I went through low carb flu and got past it in a week or so and was felling pretty good and losing a few pounds. Then I went back to high carb eating for a couple of weeks. (travel, family events, lost my focus). I have been back to primal eating for a week or so and feel lousy, (headache, muscle aches, fatigue). Is this low carb flu all over again? can you lose being fat burning adapted that quickly?

Comment

• Well now I know that you cannot eat all them way you want! I have completed the 21 day challenge and I feel good. I am lucky and get to go see my doctor tomorrow and see about blood suger levels. They should be way down due to no carbs (little) and no soda of any sort. Water only and coffee is a must for me. I look at it as a treat rather than taking it for granted. I was inspired my papa grok and he is my mentor I even put this in my online name. 50 lbs to go and need a little guidance in how to get there. Chicken, water and nuts are the things I mainly eat along with eggs and the occasional (bad) meats like hot dogs and sausage so any one that can point me into the. Next 50 lbs would be great. Grok on and thanks papa Dave.

Comment

• Hello my name is Michael and I am new on this website. I would just like to say that I am very excited to join this group and I hope I can learn many stuffs and at the same time I can share on my own experiences. Happy reading and learning to all

Comment

• I started the Primal plan two weeks ago and so far I've lost 6 pounds and my constant stomach pain went away - YAY!!
                          I haven't been pain free for years.

I love that I don't have to count calories, limit fresh fruit and nuts or buy special food. I have been tracking my carbs so my metabolism doesn't slow down. I need to lose 50 lbs., but I'm not worried about numbers anymore. I've lost the bloat I had with high-carbs and I feel and look so much better already. I love the way Mark explains things, it's so easy to understand and follow. I just started reading Primal Blueprint today. I'm so excited and I truly appreciate that there is a community of people to stay involved with. Grok on!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LITTLEDAVE View Post
                            Well now I know that you cannot eat all them way you want! I have completed the 21 day challenge and I feel good. I am lucky and get to go see my doctor tomorrow and see about blood suger levels. They should be way down due to no carbs (little) and no soda of any sort. Water only and coffee is a must for me. I look at it as a treat rather than taking it for granted. I was inspired my papa grok and he is my mentor I even put this in my online name. 50 lbs to go and need a little guidance in how to get there. Chicken, water and nuts are the things I mainly eat along with eggs and the occasional (bad) meats like hot dogs and sausage so any one that can point me into the. Next 50 lbs would be great. Grok on and thanks papa Dave.
                            I've been eating paleo since mid July and can tell you I think the more important aspect is cutting the grains, legumes and dairy rather than the kind of meat you eat. In other words the worst kind of meats (hot dogs, deli, salami and so on) are still way better for you than mac&cheese, bread, noodles, boxed foods etc. Same goes for the grass fed beef vs. corn argument. Corn finished is still better than the never ending pasta bowl at Olive Garden. I'm not saying to eat the "bad" meats every day, but I still occasionally eat sausages, off the shelf bacon, pepperoni, salami, deli meats and am losing weight by the week. I think when it comes to the lesser meat products the key is to go for low(er) salt content. I'm no expert, but this has been my experience. Just make sure you eat as much veg and fruit as you do meat. If you want to expand your beef menu all it takes is a trip to the grocer or butcher shop...they're all there in the meat case!
                            Last edited by shep68; 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Please critique my second ever PB breakfast attempt.

1 (100g) banana
                              2 eggs scrambled
                              1.5 oz milk (to make scrambled eggs)
                              an ounce or two of shredded cheese (in the scrambled eggs)
                              90g of cooked broccoli, folded into the scrambled eggs
                              2 slices of bacon (real bacon)
                              1/4 of one avocado, sliced
                              44g of almonds, raw

I am trying to get to the point where I am eating between 100 and 150 g of carbs everyday. I want to lose weight, but I don't want to be in ketosis. I am currently 5'11" and weigh 180lbs. I have begun doing some semi-irregular weight lifting, push-ups (10), chin-ups (1), and pull-ups (1).

Your thoughts appreciated!

mikey.
                              Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                              Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                              "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                              "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                              "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• sdwer

Comment

Working...
                                X