• Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much for this :')

Comment

• Hi
      I am new.

Sent from my SM-N916L using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• It is very hard to find a newbie memo plate so let me introduce my self here.

I started the pb 9/10and 1 week was cheated because of a business trip to the us. I am 90 percent primal. 10 percent is mostly because of the organic choice. Here in korea it is very expensive to buy organic food. Other than that i am almost pb style. Ive lost 16 pounds and still going. I think i have a plateau right now. But i will do my best.
        I do not drink except red wine. I cannot exercise regularly because of my baby 20 months. But i walk at least 2 km everyday.
        Thank you.
        Sent from my SM-N916L using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by billfergy View Post
          You are clearly happy with the cholesterol results despite the fact that they are higher than ideal norms (only the HDL seems good) or have they all dropped from a higher value, hence you're joy ?
          I started the primal plan specifically to reduce my cholesterol, although my HDL was good at 78. After 4 weeks, my blood tests showed an increase in overall cholesterol of 10% and in LDL of 20%; the HDL stayed unchanged at 78. I am not happy and would like to talk to Mark or one of his experts about this; how do I do this ? I am new to blogging etc and completely out of my depth being a "slightly" senior citizen. Grateful for any guidance you could give.
          Though there is a correlation between high cholesterol and heart disease, numerous studies have found that lowering cholesterol does literally nothing to improve cardiovascular health. In essence, high cholesterol appears to be a symptom of a different problem. Fixing it, does not fix the problem - at all.

Comment

• Hi Mark,

I am thinking about taking your certification course as I have been living Paleo for 3 years now and it is my life. I always spread the word and mentor a few paleo food groups. Do you know who would recognize this certification. I will probably do it anyway instead of the next nutrition class I was going to take.. Any advice??

Comment

• Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle

I'd like to post something but the app is making that difficult, I'm getting error messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
              Last edited by jjMacAbee; 02-11-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Almost through week 1! and feeling great. I'm a 36 year old disabled vet, and this is the best I've felt in years. I listen to Joe Rogen's podcast and was introduced to Mark and the Primal Blueprint through my daily commute. Something about what Mark was saying when discussing the Primal Blueprint just clicked and seemed logical to me. I was severely wounded from IED shrapnel at the end of my second deployment to Iraq in 2005. Lucky to be alive I lost half my bicep and a quarter of my tricep in my arm, and a leg injury with a exit wound large enough for the surgeon to place his hand into. After multiple surgeries, skin grafts a 3 dozen pieces of extra metal in the back of my leg I was medically retired from the Army. I have been living with chronic pain/inflammation ever since, and until now finally feel like improvement is possible. Since the Podcast aired I had been eating cleaner but not fully committed until this past Monday when I dove in head first. I'm halfway through reading the Primal Blueprint signed up for the meal plan and have been cooking primal for 5 days now. I started out at 234 lbs and am down to 228 lbs four and a half days in. With my medical disposition this has been done by eating primal and normal slow movements.

Here's to Grok!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hows it going still?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Newbies Start Here: Primer to the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle

I am new to this site.
                    Glad to be here, my name is Lomies pronounced Lowmeez
                    I have started 21 days mud Feb now it's into the routine of it all.
                    I have learnt so much already and an flabbergasted at what foods can do to ur body, long story short gluten is my enemy!!
                    I'm determined to get my health back on track, I already have some results and I'm spending the time educating myself so I can live this lifestyle.
                    I truly am done with the gluttony and the control that comes with food.
                    It's a good thing that has gone way off track so I have a strong conviction for my personal life to pursue healthy clean eating.
                    Bottom line is I want my life back!
                    I never considered myself s bad eater & I actually aren't, I was just uneducated and not listening to my body and caught up with the masses!
                    I'm looking forward to ruling and reigning in full with PB
                    Last edited by Lomies; 03-14-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• All the best!
                      Sonya

Sonya

Comment

• Thank you for all the different replies.

I'm starting over -- Monday will be my Day 1 again -- only this time, I'm going to record everything I put in my mouth. I have lost 8 lbs but I need to do it the "right" way.

G'day to all,
                        Sonya

Sonya

Comment

• I'm new!am I in the right place for an intro? I'm currently doing whole 30#3

Sent from my SM-G920T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Mark here. I have not done the 21 days yet, but I have cut out carbs and lost 3 pounds in 5 days. Looking forward to being more primal and LGN!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hi! I started a paleo diet last year with MAJOR success, unfortunately life happened and I fell off the wagon for a few months (and into dominos pizza and ice cream). I basically ended up right where I started and have been back in full force for a little over a month now.
                              I have Crohn's disease and have an unfortunate intolerance to nightshades (which sucks cause tomatoes are like the best things ever and I LOVE Mexican food). So I'm on my own version of not so strict AIP (cause a small cup of coffee in the morning keeps me sane)
                              I hope to find support here and I'm excited to be part of the group!

Mollie

Comment

• Hi all,
                                First timer: 58 y.o. white male and a health paradox(?)--ran a 50K trail run in distant past, more recently, A-fib leading to congestive heart failure a couple years ago (16% heart function), now full heart function is restored with no structural damage (per physician: "unheard of", "You know you're a miracle, don't you?"). BUT, I remain on multiple meds to manage my heart rhythm, cholesterol, blood pressure...and get this: very recent diabetes at least partially induced by 2 of the meds I'm on.
                                Hmm...I wonder why I'd be considering PB?
                                I'll miss bread, pasta, and Mexican food...and the prospect of negotiating a non-processed-food lifestyle is daunting. Looking for support.
                                --Curt

Comment

Working...
                                X