Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been a vegan for many years. I was hungry all the time and had no energy. I am giving this lifestyle a go. I am a carbohaulic in the worst way. For the past couple of days I have woken up saying "that's it today is the day" and I end up bingeing on carbs. I am assuming I do this because my body is saying what is going on??? Do I just muscle through it? I think I am not eating enough fat to keep me satisfied. I can't control my portions with nuts (that's a trigger) and I can't bring myself to eat an avocado (although maybe I should try again). I'm used to eating protein bars and shakes. I am stopping those as well. I know it's a process but my relationship with food is definitely not a healthy one. My bingeing has held me back from all my goals. I have about 20lbs to loose and I am going to try my best day by day to stop my unhealthy habits and be truly healthy for once in my life. When you are craving carbs do you up your fat intake? What are your go-to tips?

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hi Montana have eggs and bacon for breakfast with mushrooms and tomatoes and coffee. That should keep you going for a while? Lay of the nuts they can be a bit too Darby at the beginning I think. Snack on some good quality cheddar cheese if that helps. Let us know how you get on.... I've just had a berroca does anyone know if I'm allowed that?

Comment

• Hi
        Im mary
        Im new here
        Where can i get list off foods to eat and to avoid????
        Plz help this my first time????
        Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by mary boumaraf View Post
          Hi
          Im mary
          Im new here
          Where can i get list off foods to eat and to avoid????
          Plz help this my first time????
          Thanks

Try this:
          http://cdn.marksdailyapple.com/wordp...pping-List.pdf

Bill

Comment

• Carbs Make Me Hungry

Carbs make me and a lot of other people hungry. This makes sense because for Primal man carbs were more available in the summer so hunger made people keep eating to build up fat for the winter.

Comment

• Me too!

Comment

• Hello Mark. I'm new to the forum, i would inform you that it's way i great day when i enjoy to this community.

Comment

• Hi, I am Suzan, brand new to the form... Ready to make these changes.

Comment

• Hi Susan. Welcome! Good luck and good health!

Comment

• Hi,
                      I am new bie here.

Comment

• Hi I'm a totally non primal newbie - but I'm wanting to meet people who are (or have been) serial dieters like me and who are tired of dieting. I decided long ago that all the pills, powders, patches and potions were just a dead end leading to what I call 'diet city' and I needed to ditch all the absolutely crazy diets that were controlling my life. I guess you could say I have a history of being a diet-a-holic...diets were literally weighing me down...so when I read: "This is not a quick- fix, flash in the pan, yoyo diet. This is a way of life." And when I read that you eat when you're hungry - I thought this sounds like it's worth investigating. I'm a psychologist who has worked with many people helping them sort out their toxic relationship with diets and helping them recover from the sense of 'I'm a failure because I failed at yet another diet" and my major focus these days is helping people have more self-love/self-compassion and self-acceptance. Glad to meet you all and looking forward to finding out more.

Cari

Comment

• Hi ...... Am. Newbie...., trying to watch my weight... Especially my lower tummy is a problem .... Confused on the choice of meals.... Thanks

Comment

• Hello!

I'm new to this site, but have been doing Keto(hardcore) for about a year! I'm 6'1", 175, with about 2% body fat. I weight train 5 days a week, and play bball just about everyday(though pretty light; I only do about 30 min of anaerobic activity of cardio each day). My macro breakdown is 25g net carbs, 85g protein, and about 290g fats(mostly coconut). I weigh and measure everything.....and did I mention that I LOVE my diet!!! I recently bought the Precision Xtra ketone Meter(waiting on my Ketonix breath analyzer also). Ketogenic diet has changed my life!! I have the body I always dreamed of, without having to do the 30 miles of running I used to do every week!!

Sent from my iPhone
                            Tim Bumper
                            KetoManiac

Comment

• I've been a yo-yo dieter all my life, also a body hater. I have type 2 diabetes and found out about low carb high fat and then recently primal, and don't look back. about 6 or 8 months ago I took on a new outlook on life, and decided no one will like me if i don't like myself, regardless of my size, so i decided to start liking me for who i am. love starts with love of god as you see him/her then love of self, then others, but self love before others. regardless of looks/size.
                              I'm never hungry in this lifestyle, if I am I eat. I've lost 50lbs on Primal, and will lose another 100 in the next year or year and 1/2. It's a lifestyle not a diet. Nothing better than a good steak and salad.
                              choose happiness. Not every day is good, but there is good in every day.

Comment

• Sugar addiction - remedy

I hope this will help at least one sugar addict. Don't faint but I have been an addict all my life and the odd spurts of willpower and the knowledge that sugar is a poison have kept me sane. No doctors , natropaths etc have been any help . I rad a small article only a few weeks ago that mentioned a teaspoon 3x day of GLUTAMINE!!
                                Bingo - that easy and no cravings - hopefully this will work for you - please let me know as I am so excited not to be in the grip of sugar any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X