Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started the Primal way of eating 4 weeks ago. The first two weeks I lost 5 pounds and haven't lost since. I had gastric bypass 9 years ago and have gained just about all of the weight I lost back. My son has been trying to get me to eat this way for almost 4 years and now I have done it. I don't eat any starchy veggies. My carb count should be really low. I only eat the low carb veggies--salads, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower, etc. I cook the primal way--have thrown everything out that is not Primal except for baking supplies since I still cook and bake for people and church functions. I feel like I have lost inches, but not showing up on the scales!!! HELP ME!!!!!

Comment

• So, my dilemna is that I eat breakfast within the first hour of waking and then eat every 3-4 hours until bed time a balance of complete protein, carbs and fat. My problem arises with the fact that I really do not enjoy cooking and eating has always been something I have to do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy eating food that others make but not so much otherwise. Because of this I find it difficult to stay on track because I get annoyed and bored with cooking. This can also mean that my carbs aren't always the highest of quality. I end up eating whatever is quick (too often a quick protein bar) because I don't want to make something even if I took the time on Sunday to prepare some things in advance. I know, I need to suck it up because it is important to my health but day in and day out I get in my own way. Anyone have any suggestions? I am open to someone telling me to get over it and just "do it!"

Comment

• Nice to meet you all! I finally got the courage to start posting here!

I Super love the Primal Blueprint Lifestyle & reading marksdailyapple!

I feel so happy & positive since starting! My Body feels & looks amazing!
        OH! &nnnd! I am really loving the food!
        Since staring the Primal / Keto Diet, I am truly loving food!
        Taste truly good! ♡

I wish you all the best on your Journeys!

Comment

• Hello, fellow Groks and Grokettes! =]

My husband and I started eating Primally at the beginning of this month, and I must stay, I feel much better!

Your location: Boston, MA

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 80-85%

Do you consume dairy: Yup! Love cheese, butter, and cream for coffee. Yummy!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both!

Motivator for switching to Primal: After doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and Zumba for 6 months with no weight loss (though I did gain muscle mass), I needed to add something else into the mix.

Favorite exercise: Walking outside. =]

Favorite Primal food: Eggs. They're so versatile. Tonight's dinner: 2 eggs (fried in Kerrygold butter) over greens with TJ's tomatillo salsa. Delicioso!

Best part about being Primal: Though I don't really look much different, I feel better about myself, I'm not as tired, and I get to come up with new cooking ideas.

Worst part about being Primal: Mmm...the potential awkwardness that comes with turning something down gracefully.

I'm hoping that I can prove an example for my parents and that they'll follow suit. =]

Comment

• Hi im 46 im90% primal losing weight and feeling good. I live in the UK and only learned abou the lifestyle thanks to my wife buying the book Primal Blueprint .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hello,
              I've often been told about the reductive environment of the cytoplasm (vs the outer cellular environment) and how that prevents proteins from forming disulfide bonds in the cytoplasm.
              But what is this reductive environment? Is it caused by reductases? Or something else?
              Additionally I read about a technique where one can label cytoplasmic proteins (by allowing the entrance of Abs with chromophores on them through holes in the membrane) and then performing flow cytometry.
              And so in this case, how can the Abs entering the cell, maintain their disulfides? As I recall, specific disulfides on an Ab are essential for their correct structure and epitope recognition.

Thanks

Comment

• SKIP THIS POST:

Nobody answered those guys that enquired about how one starts a new thread and I have the same question. I just signed up and can't figure it out. I'm no Luddite either! I'm banking on it being something you're only able to do after you've made a reply post so here it is. Sorry for the irrelevance of this post!

Comment

• "To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"

This is TOTALLY my new favorite quote. Putting it on a sticky note NOW!

I'm very new to this primal thing, still trying to figure out the food. I've got lunch and dinner handled, but I have NO idea what to do for breakfast. I am allergic to eggs, milk (specifically whey protein so no shakes or yogurt for me), and nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? All I can come up with is bacon, onions, and brussels sprouts, which is DELICIOUS but a lot of work first thing in the morning, and a lot of salt!

Comment

• Question about cheese!!! Some people seem to eat tasty cheese and others not?? Can someone shed some light on this rule? Thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by milba View Post
                      Question about cheese!!! Some people seem to eat tasty cheese and others not?? Can someone shed some light on this rule? Thanks!!
                      Cut it out for a bit, then add it back in and see if you have issues.

Or, alternatively, do as some of us do and insist that you don't have a problem with cheese because you like it too much.
                      Last edited by Twibble; 06-15-2013, 11:16 AM.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• This is great! I am learning so much and I am excited I may have found my path to health and keeping my weight off! Thank you! Egg Diet Adventures

Comment

• Originally posted by jessicanadine85 View Post
                          "To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"

This is TOTALLY my new favorite quote. Putting it on a sticky note NOW!

I'm very new to this primal thing, still trying to figure out the food. I've got lunch and dinner handled, but I have NO idea what to do for breakfast. I am allergic to eggs, milk (specifically whey protein so no shakes or yogurt for me), and nuts. Anyone have any suggestions? All I can come up with is bacon, onions, and brussels sprouts, which is DELICIOUS but a lot of work first thing in the morning, and a lot of salt!
                          Love the quote! I just started today so I will watch this question with interest. I, too, am allergic to eggs and lactose intolerant. And although I like nuts - they don't seem to like me too much. I have the additional problem in that I have ulcerative colitis which means I can't eat too much veg in one go. So it's going to be tricky!
                          For breakfast today I had bacon & tomatoes. I tried to have 25g protein as I read somewhere - but it was far too much and after an hour my body had, er, evacuated! Sorry, TMI. So tomorrow I'm going to try half the amount and see how I get on. I'll be interested to see any other breakfast suggestions. I don't really fancy (or can't really afford!) to have another full on meat-meal for breakfast either.

Comment

• Hi! I've been following the Primal Blueprint way of eating for two weeks now - and I feel amazing! I was Vegan/Vegetarian for 6 years and had begun to feel really bad - like something was really wrong with me. A few days of eating Primal - and I started feeling better than I even have! I'm so happy that I'm a Primal Girl.

Are there any great Primal Facebook Groups to join?

Comment

• People still don't know what to expect when thinking of the Paleo Diet Plan. Follow us for great tips if you are interested in this healthy way to lose weight.For more information paleo diets

Comment

• New to the forum because I hope to change. I'm a refined sugar addict. I eat 90% paleo but can't stop 50% of the time when there is a doughnut or cake offered to me. I lost 80 lbs a few years ago when I found out I was diabetic. I gave up bread and pasta and refined sugar and flour. I am still diabetes free but gained 20 lbs back. I've been trying since December to get back on track but the addiction is kicking my butt and using dark chocolate as a tool is not cutting it. I have a permanent slack line set up in my yard and a trampoline I play on and i sprint with my kids and dog but I also need to make myself move more in my civil engineering computer job and my primal essential movements need revved up. I don't know what else I need for motivation, but I need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X