Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from alexandria VA, new to forum

Hi everyone,

I've been reading mark's blog for a while now. I went paleo exactly 1 month today. Lost 10.6 lb so far. My goal is to loose another 10 and see what I look like. I'm on a version of paloe where I still eat dairy and drink beer/wine, but I significantly cut down on the booze since starting paleo. Love this way of eating! If someone told me that I can't have bacon, then we would have a problem.

Anyone else on here from norther VA?

-----------

Your location: Northern VA

Age (If you want): 27 M

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: veg, meat, some fruit, nuts, cheese, oils, stevia, organ meat, seeds, wine, beer

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes, love an occasional good cup of coffee (no sugar with a splash of half-n-half; all kinds of tea)

Motivator for switching to Primal: needed to improve health, loose weight, feel better (looked at a pic of myself on the beach and did not like what i saw)

Favorite exercise: playing a sport where fun is main focus not the exercise itself

Favorite Primal food: lardo

Best part about being Primal: eating all this awesome food, i would not last long on low fat diet

Worst part about being Primal: passing up a rare urge to go get a double cheeseburger, with salty fries and wash it all down with few cold beers, but it's not even that bad, I can always get a burger without a bun with extra veggies, coleslaw instead of fries, cold beer in moderation and I'm still a happy camper
    Last edited by lardomuncher; 10-18-2010, 10:12 AM.

Hey there -- glad to hear it's working for you! I'm in Montgomery County MD, so not too far away.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      Hey there -- glad to hear it's working for you! I'm in Montgomery County MD, so not too far away.
      I was in Montgomery county a few weeks back visiting family. You guys have some pretty good places to run around in!

Welcome to the forum lardomuncher, congrats on your first month!
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Yep, locally and also around the DC area there are tons of fun places for primal pilgrimages.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Working...
        X