Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Ya'll

Hey

I'm brand new, just wanted to say hello. I posted to the obligatory "introduce yourself" thread. Mid August I decided I had enough of being out of shape. Since the kids were all back to school I picked up a "Body-For-Life" book along with some nutrition books from the library and dove in. I'm not sure what chain of internet searches led me to check into primal diets/exercise but before I knew I was at Barnes and Nobles picking up Mark's book.

It's only been couple weeks since I started. I'm really confident that this is something I can do for the long term. Okay, so maybe I'm not eating like a total cave girl, but I'm already a far cry from a SAD diet.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you all.

Rebecca

Welcome!!

It's funny...I can't quite remember what had me seek out Mark's book either. Like you, I'm glad I stumbled on it and believe this is something I will be doing for the rest of my life. Hope you find the forums as useful as I am.

Liz.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Jump right in - the water's warm! Welcome Rebecca.
      Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
        Jump right in - the water's warm! Welcome Rebecca.
        Not here it ain't, matey! Average sea temperatures around Blighty at this time of year are around 38-40.
        La tristesse durera toujours...

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
          Not here it ain't, matey! Average sea temperatures around Blighty at this time of year are around 38-40.
          I see you've met Violet. Violet, meet Rebecca.

Rebecca - do NOT jump in the Blighty Water!

Comment

PS Violet aren't you up late ? Isn't it like 3AM there ? Its only 9 something here and I'm already thinking about bed ...

Comment

PS Violet aren't you up late ? Isn't it like 3AM there ? Its only 9 something here and I'm already thinking about bed ...
              2:25am to be precise, and I'm an insomniac (I'm also IFing, which makes me a double insomniac as I can NEVER sleep when I'm hungry). I can't decide whether to break at 5 (for an 18-hour) or go on 'til 11 (for 24). Think I'll probably be sensible and go for 18 this time - 36 nearly killed me when I tried it!)

Bed...?! At 9...?! You must be, like, ancient, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
                Bed...?! At 9...?! You must be, like, ancient, man!
                No ... just married with children.

Comment

Either my sense of humour's out of whack, or you don't have one... <grin!> Sorry if I had you wrong before. I didn't reply to that PM you sent me because I couldn't. You wouldn't believe the stuff I'd tell you...

Oh and sorry Rebecca I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hello and welcome to the cave!

Peace and friendship,

Sarah xxxx

Comment

Yeah that was just my lame attempt at humor. Courtesy chuckles appreciated but not required.

Actually the more I read your stuff Violet the more I enjoy your quirky humor.
                    However - one thing - Geez Violet ! - forget about that PM. Ancient history. Old news.

In closing, Rebecca, I'm going to sign off now and return your thread to its regularly scheduled programming. Again, a warm, non-Blighty Water welcome.

Good night Violet. Sweet dreams.

Comment

Hi Rebecca!!
                      My journal
                      7/5/11 -Size 14;
                      1/10/12 -Size 4

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome!

And good humor is always appreciated:-)

Comment

Working...
                        X