Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elwyne View Post
    rofl...
    Oh, God! LMAO! Yes... I need to get a sense of proportion.... I ate a cupcake, I didn't murder my granny!
    Hee hee!

Comment

Don't worry. I had a slice of cake and about 10 slices of regular pizza this weekend at a party. Despite some light stiffness in the back of the neck immediately after--I actually felt great, especially for the next couple of days. But I know that type of eating is not sustainable.

I think the fear with some people is that they are going to fall off the wagon completely, and revert back to their old ways. Just a little bit doesn't have to lead to a whole lot.

Comment

It was a learning experience for you. Don't be stressed out about it. Next time you do it just really focus on how you feel and ask yourself if its worth it. I mean, it was your daughters birthday - it comes once a year. You know you best and so you must decide what you want to do. Was the memory worth the sugar rush and how you felt after that?

Now go enjoy a grass fed steak!
        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-O View Post
          Don't worry. I had a slice of cake and about 10 slices of regular pizza this weekend at a party. Despite some light stiffness in the back of the neck immediately after--I actually felt great, especially for the next couple of days. But I know that type of eating is not sustainable.

I think the fear with some people is that they are going to fall off the wagon completely, and revert back to their old ways. Just a little bit doesn't have to lead to a whole lot.

That's my problem. I struggle with ED so, for me, I have a zero tolerance for crap food or I'm afraid that I'll be downing all cupcakes within a hundred miles. I find it easier to do "zero tolerance" than the 80/20. An 80/20 would soon be 50/50 would soon be 20/80.

Comment

Originally posted by fortunata View Post
            Oh, God! LMAO! Yes... I need to get a sense of proportion.... I ate a cupcake, I didn't murder my granny!
            Hee hee!
            Uh oh! Who did?
            http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Upsides to Cupcake Issue

It's not about whether or not you fall off the horse. It's whether or not you get back on. Everyone falls off, not everyone gets back on. In the pic below, you can see how long it's taken me to get this far....

Do you think I ever goofed on my diet and cheated here and there? Absolutely. But I kept the resolve knowing that "Well, just as long as I keep going, eventually, it won't matter that I goofed just once". Maybe the times I've cheated are part of the reason I don't have my six pack quite yet, but when I DO have it, that thought will no longer matter. See how it works?

The upside the of the Cupcake thing is this: you can now take this regret you have over it, click "Save" in your head, and lock it into any other time you see a cupcake, or any other sweet for that matter. Do it in such a manner to where everytime you see a cupcake, you hate it. If you think it would work, I reccommend posting a picture of that cupcake surrounded by the words you'd use to describe how you felt right after you ate it, in some place where you'll see it everyday for a few days, just to truly drive home the image-emotion association.

Just proceed as though it never happened. In time, it's as if it didn't. Just don't do it again ;P.

-Chris

Comment

The Biochemist

Wow! What a difference in the two pics! You're an inspiration! Thanks so much for replying.
                Julie

Comment

One night of frost does not make a foot of ice. In other words - no ill effect made and it's the long term approach that counts. Just keep on grokking - and congrats on your two weeks primal!
                  Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Working...
                  X