Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal in CO

Howdy all,

Another Grok here in Colorado. I'm just outside of Boulder, and north of Denver. Got interested in Paleo after reading "The Paleo Diet for Athletes". Just finished "The Primal Blueprint", actually liked it better.

I'm a former swimmer, and now triathlete, and have been moving more and more to the primal ways in my nutrition and workouts (no carbs, more sprints, less LSD). In fact, did Ironman this year on half the hours I did last time, and had a better performance.

I'm now 3 weeks after Ironman, and been eating like crap (lots of sweets and carbs)...everyone needs a little break, but I'm glad to be getting back into the swing of things this week.

Grok on!

Bill

Hello, I am a student in Boulder, so I am probably way younger than you. I am also looking for people in my area to work out with... is there anyone else on this forum who attends or will be attending the University of Colorado?

Comment

I just moved to Boulder and was also into the triathlon thing for a while. I too followed the "Paleo Diet for Athletes" until I discovered the Primal Blueprint.

-Greg

Comment

Hi Greg! How are you liking Boulder?

Welcome to the world of delicious fatty meat. Yes, I read the Paleo diet first as well, but not the one geared toward athletes. I assume Mr. Cordain suggests eating lots of carbohydrates?

If you didn't know, there is a new Crossfit gym opening up called Crossfit Roots (in addition to the established Boulder Crossfit). There is a grand opening this weekend. Great resource on heavy lifting as they typically have free "consultations" where you actually work out.

Comment

"Primal in CO"

Comment

"Primal in CO"

Way to make a guy jealous! My home for 24 years......

Still have CO tags on my Jeep, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay mega-$$$ for Florida tags which will cause SweetJeep to have a hissy fit.

"From the Spanish Peaks to Spanish moss."

Sigh.

Comment

I have lived in Colorado my whole life. Yes, I know that I am spoiled.

Comment

I'm south of Denver near Castle Rock. We should have a primal gathering like they had in Seattle sometime.

Comment

I'm in Highlands Ranch, been primal for about 6 weeks, dropped 13 lbs and feel great. I'm up for a CO gathering. We can sharpen our spears, put on our loin cloths and go hunt some wild game. Now thats Primal!

Comment

I live in Erie. Discovered MDA last spring, and am enjoying it thoroughly. Iíve eliminated starches from my diet, and donít miss them at all (the sugars had already gone).

Am definitely not a triathlete, but I walk, and am only five minutes from the new Erie rec center, so Iíll be using their weight machines as soon as I get myself over there to sign up.

Comment

Like bcreager, I used less LSD, too.....oh, wait...

Comment

Hey klcarbaugh,

I'm nowhere near Boulder (I live in Gunnison actually and attend Western State) but I just started a primal blog and think I'm going to gear it towards the concept of living primal as a college student (i.e. the specific challenges we face like cafeteria food, etc) ... you should check it out

http://thepathtothewest.blogspot.com/

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another Highlands Ranch Grok here!

Comment

Hey AmyMac, I just posted on your blog!

Yea, Jess and you and I are the only ones I know that struggle with the college thing (though I am not on a meal plan because of food allergies!)

Glad to have someone else to chat with!

Gunnison is so pretty. I'll have to visit. Oh, and the aspen are turning!!!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I live in Littleton. Is there anyone around the area with kids? I am interested in primal family living.

Comment

Working...
                              X