Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Downunder

Well hi from Sydney Australia
    Im a 41 yr old guys trying to drop those middle aged love handles and get my life back ..
    This is day 2 and I feel .. well groggy !

FGood luck to all

G'day from another Sydney sider. There's quite a few aussies here and Paleo_Rob has started an Aussie group, I am sure he'll chime in soon and direct you to it (I'm hopeless figuring these things out, I am sure if you can't find it look up my profile and it must be there somewhere).

The grogginess is all part of the carb flu, which I am sure yo have read about if you have dug around a bit. Press on, you'll feel amazing in a short while. I think its easier if you cut as much crap and carbs as possible as soon as possible, but others suggest a gentler approach. The community here is awesome, so if you are having doubts, hit the forum!
    Last edited by Mog; 09-09-2010, 01:20 AM. Reason: typo "crab flu"..yeah, right

Comment

thanks for that - i found my way to the aussie site which ive joined ...
      and yes feels like simeone has poured syru into my brain ... i lls stick it out thho ..

cheers

Comment

oi oi oi !!!!!

Comment

Hi Neil, Nice to meet you. I am also new to marksdailyapple.com. One of by brothers lived in Australia for a while and loved everything about it. Spent almost 2 years there with his family.
          Last edited by Elliprof2; 09-12-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

welcome

Comment

thanks Nat

Comment

Hi Neil -- Thanks for reading through my Primally Challenged journal and the encouraging words!

As for your start-up "primal flu" -- it will get better. I went cold-turkey on sugar for a week or so first, and then with that success started a more gradual withdrawal from grains. So far, so good without any grogginess. But, as for all things primal, each person has their own experience. Good luck with yours and keep going!

Comment

Yay, another Aussie, I just joined, have been primal for 5 weeks, it get's easier and tastier.
                  Good luck Neil.

from Carlye
                  Cheers
                  Carlye

WWGD - What Would Grok Do?

Comment

i enjoyed yr journal !
                    and tx for y words also - 10 days in the headaches have gone .. still feel a bit intellectually under the weather. .. have lost 5 lbs in 10 days and startin g to feel more "vital" so so far, its all good ...

Comment

Hi there and thansk for yr words of encouragement .. im 10 days in now and seeing and feeling the benefits already after a horrible first week - coold turkey rice/pasta/coffee/sugars etc ...

good to know it gets better

Cheers

Comment

Keep it up Neil. It does get better. And with the weather warming up you'll want that extra energy to enjoy the outdoors
                        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Hey Neil, over the carb flu by now?

Comment

hi Mog

how lovely of you to ask .. and yes mostly I am ...
                            still get the occasional moments of headache and wooziness .. and not 100% mentally back .. but 90% yes ...
                            and feeling pretty damn good about it too ....

and i hope all is well with you ?

Comment

That's great. Its pretty easy to get discouraged during that period.

I'm pretty good thanks. Getting despondent about a plateau, but I need to get off my bum and exercise more. Cremorne Point walk in the mornings should do it! Its so beautiful down there, I hate getting up but I know I should...

Comment

Working...
                              X