Lovin' Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovin' Primal

I've been following PB for about 6 weeks now. I've lost 25 pounds and my BP stats have dropped from 130/87-ish to 90/59. Another 15 pounds and I'll have reached my weight goal. As you can imagine, I'm ecstatic and have managed to enroll my wife as well.

Your location: Dripping Springs, TX

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: pretty serious

Do you consume dairy: I'm mildly lactose intolerant, so only Greek yogurt, occasional cottage cheese and occasional cheese as a garnish.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Ice tea. If at home, its a 50% green tea mix.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My crossfit gym started a weight loss challenge using Zone. After plugging the results of caliper tests into a BMI calculator (33%), I was really motivated. I had stumbled on to MDA about that time and liked what I was reading, and couldn't get excited about Zone.

Favorite exercise: Krav Maga, CrossFit and Venyasa Yoga each a couple of times a week.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!!!!!! and eggs!!. The Salmon patties with lemon caper sauce from the PB cookbook are a very close second.

Best part about being Primal: The results. And eating bacon again.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to use a slice of whole-wheat bread for sopping up the olive oil in a can of sardines.

Sounds great, congratulations! And welcome to it. You should post this in the Success Stories section of the forum too.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
      Sounds great, congratulations! And welcome to it. You should post this in the Success Stories section of the forum too.
      Will do.

Comment

Does the Krav Maga give a lot of exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Cree View Post
          Does the Krav Maga give a lot of exercise?
          Most sessions do, but some don't. If we are learning a new technique or doing weapons disarming work, then the activity level may be low. I find most of the sessions to be physically challenging.

On an ideal week, I take Krav Maga on T-Th-Sa, CrossFit on M-W-F with yoga on T-Sa. I get a lot of enjoyment from KM - I've never taken any self defense training before. I've been a very sedentary hi-tech geek until a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
          X