Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the UK!

Another UK nube here

Although I am not new to 'alternative' lifestyle regimes - I followed an anti-candida diet for over two years, and it was one of the best things I ever did (one of the hardest things I ever did too!). So a natural progression for me was becoming interested in what our ancestors ate - as to me that makes the most logical sense (although there are some things niggling me - but I'll post them in another thread) and so here I am

Many others from the UK here?

If you're on twitter please feel free to add me! www.twitter.com/AstonJ I often hashtag some of the meals I tweet as #primal, so you may have seen me around.

(Lancashire hotpot - with parnsip and swede instead of potatoes - the only non-primal ingredient was a bit of cornflour)
    Last edited by Ast; 08-25-2010, 06:53 AM.

Hi Ast and welcome to PB.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi! Yes, another UK primal here! Whereabouts in UK?

Comment

Thanks both!

@breadsauce, I'm in Sunny South Wales

Comment

The UK?! Isn't that south of the Alamo?

Comment

Originally posted by Ast View Post
            Thanks both!

@breadsauce, I'm in Sunny South Wales
            Good god, thought I was the only one lol, whereabouts? I'm in Cardiff, and funnily enough also been on the Candida diet previously.

Comment

lol @ Piscator :lol:

@Captainsunshine - I'm actually just outside Cardiff, but want to move to the city as I feel a bit out in the sticks here lol. Funny that you've been on the anti-candida diet too! What are the odds eh?
              Last edited by Ast; 08-25-2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Glad somebody understood that was a joke...

Comment

Another extra number for the UK Primals.... eeeexcellent *rubs hands and laughs in an evil manner*
                  The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                  Blog
                  sigpic

Comment

@Captainsunshine - I'm actually just outside Cardiff, but want to move to the city as I feel a bit out in the sticks here lol. Funny that you've been on the anti-candida diet too! What are the odds eh?
                    lol yeah, wouldn't happen to shop in Beanfreaks when you're in town? lol. Anti-Candida diet was because of years of antibiotics, for skin problems, that didn't work.

Comment

Anyone up for a UK meet up? If ya don't ask, ya never know....

Comment

I'm actually visiting London until Sept 20th but am from CA in the USA:-) I think a meet-up could be great!
                        In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -- Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                          Anyone up for a UK meet up? If ya don't ask, ya never know....
                          Anything that gets me out of the flat would be interesting. Since starting this diet I haven't gone far, distance wise, and my social life has nose dived lol.

Comment

Sounds cool.
                            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                            Blog
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm moving to the the UK tomorrow, St. Andrews actually. Anyone near there?

Comment

Working...
                              X