Hi from a UK member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from a UK member

Hi, I just joined, am on day 3 of going paleo. I've been doing high protein, moderate fat and wholegrains, no sugar or whites for most of the last 10 years so it's not a huge change for me, but hopefully will make a huge change in how I feel.

I was ill for a few years with what turned out to be gluten intolerance. During that time I doubled my bodyweight from 130 to 260lbs (in 3.5 yrs, and my doc said there was nothing wrong with me!) and had many other trouble some symptoms.

I've been much better since I took out gluten but have still had niggling symptoms and only been able to lose 30lbs of what I gained. Recently I tried gluten free oats and they clearly upset me, made me wonder if grains in general weren't good for me. Started googling and here I am .
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Hi from another newbie fin the UK trying his hand at Primal.

Comment

Hi Horsewoman,

Welcome to the PB community,just a few tips :- Read the Primal Blueprint and follow, where possible, Mark's tips on nutrition and exercise.
      Ditch the grains 100% --- this is very important.Excercise at a slow pace,whatever suits you.

All questions and answers can be found here.This is the friendliest and best informed forum on the planet.

Very best of luck.
      sigpic

Comment

HI also from UK. this will be the healthiest most liberating choice you ever made
        www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

The more UK Primal folk the better. There are threads around for cheap Primal UK shopping, as it's a bit more tricky than in the USA - well, more expensive. Veggies veggies veggies!
          The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
          Blog
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks . I have to book on order, it's on it's way. Exercise, well at the moment, I hike, swim, cycle and do yoga (my passion). Will be sticking to that for now while I get steady with the food, then we'll see. Can only do low impact at the moment.
            Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
            Harold Whitman

Comment

Hi all-Irish primaler based in London, UK. I've been doing PB for about 3 weeks now and can't get over how great I feel! I had a relapse last saturday and had an Indian- complete with Nan and half a bowl of rice. I couldn't believe how sick and stuffed I felt after it! The feeling I used to take for granted after almost every meal was such a shock to the system and a great reminder of why I'm doing the PB! I've been doing the PB fitness too and am the proud owner of an indoor pull up bar! We're shortly moving to East London so if there are any other wannabe Groks out there fancy getting primal in London fields/Haggerston pk let me know!

Comment

hi - i'm in the UK too - good to share any tips or notes.
                :-)
                Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
                **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Comment

Mornin'

Comment

Also in the UK - Northumberland originally, now Sussex and when on my narrow boat, Northamptonshire.

Comment

Originally posted by Horsewoman View Post
                      Exercise, well at the moment, I hike, swim, cycle and do yoga (my passion). Will be sticking to that for now while I get steady with the food, then we'll see. Can only do low impact at the moment.
                      And stay that way! That sounds like perfect exercise. Throw some fast 10 second intervals in there every now and then (rare), and that sounds pretty primal, already!
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello from Yorkshire!! Nice to see so many Brits on here

Comment

Working...
                          X