No announcement yet.

Hello from Tennessee!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from big orange country! Sophomore here at UT Knoxville!
    sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

soooo manyyyy tennesseeans, i'm surprised. there's usually like.. 1 besides me
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

Hey y'all, I'm in Knoxville! (Go vols!) So excited I found this thread!

Just today, I went to a shop on Campbell Station Road called Benefit Your Life. It's a gluten-free/natural foods store and they had some of the products that I've seen mentioned on here - coconut flour, coconut sugar, So Delicious coconut milk, and they had some local meats and eggs. Check it out if you are in the area. Earthfare is a good source for some of this stuff too. Found some Kerrygold butter there last week and tried it - good stuff! Also been shopping at The Market in Maryville - they sell lots of grassfed meats from Laurel Creek Farms.

No, I don't work for these places - I'm just a sucker for products.
        Amanda's primal journal

Comment

all we have is a farmers' market which is fruit and veggie and chain grocery stores. granted, walmart does have coconut milk but i'm almost afraid to try it. like... how long has it been on the shelf? that section almost never changes
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

True, Walmart is pretty sketchy when it comes to that stuff. I know produce from Walmart is terrible. We have a farmers market too, but I never seem to make it there. On Saturday mornings, I'm either sleeping in a tent or just sleeping in.
            Amanda's primal journal

Comment

Another Nashville resident checking in here! It's nice to see so many other people in Tennessee are living the primal life!

Comment

Welcome Clio! I was just in Nashville last weekend. Had my first-ever celebrity sighting - fun stuff.
                Amanda's primal journal

Comment

Hey there fellow nashvillian. Well the best start you can have is to start finding recipes that you like and get used to making them. Don't know what part of nashville you're in but I'm pretty sure there is a farmers market near you. I was going to down town for the longest time til I found one that meets every saturday on charlotte pike in west nash. Sadly it stops meeting at the end of october due to season change. If you've been reading this site and wondering where to get grass feed meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh herbs, pastured eggs, etc., they have it all at the farmers market. If you love bread and pasta and have a hard time giving them up i suggest looking into coconut flour and almond flour and spaghetti squash. I get the flours off amazon personally. "Cooking with coconut flour" - BRUCE FIFE and "The gluten free almond flour cookbook" - ELANA AMSTERDAM are two cookbooks I own and use for breads, biscuits, etc. They are pretty amazing actually. There is nothing like starting your day with a dark chocolate chip scone made from pastured eggs, almond flour, and grass fed butter (I get kerrygold butter at trader joe's in green hills). Spaghetti squash is actually really good. I questioned it at first because it was squash and that just sounds weird. But its amazing. And since pasta is really just a vehicle for great sauces I would focus my efforts on great sauces and a good meat to go with it. i hope some of this helps you stay primal. Good Luck.

Comment

I'd think Indian buffets would be OK if one avoids the (1) bread, (2) rice, (3) samosas, and (4) dessert. My lndian buffet is otherwise primal, as far as I can tell (veggies cooked with ghee, chicken tandoori, chicken tikka masala (chicken in yogurt sauce), saag paneer (creamed spinach with cheese), mushroom and pea curry, veggies in yogurt sauce), butter chicken.....I think I need to go eat lunch now, excuse me.
                    Rusa

Comment

I live an hour south of Nashville TN and an hour north of Huntsville AL. I'm right in between Pulaski and Fayetteville!

Comment

How did I miss this thread?! I'm in Nashville:-) I had no idea there were so many other Nashvillians here! Maybe we need to have a potluck!
                        Is anyone else a member of the Nashville Primal Meetup group?
                        http://www.meetup.com/PrimalNashville/
                        http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Well i'm a member now. I didn't even know about it.

Comment

guess, i'll have to join the meetup group as well. I don't visit the forums here much for whatever reason, but its good to see soo many nashvillians doing the primal thing!

Comment

I was born in Nashville, but y'all sure as hell don't want my opinion of TN, LOL!

P.S. UT sucks

Comment

Anyone else from Nashville? I am just getting started and would love to Speak with a few people about where to shop and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X