I hate vegetables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate vegetables

I really don't like many vegetables. I like a few things like a good cucumber tomato and avocado salad but other than that I like to juice for my vegetables. Is juicing an acceptable way of getting my veggies in?

Just eat liver, other organ meats, seafood and eggs. More micronutrient bang for your buck.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Vegetables aren't necessary. Like the above says, eat liver. I would also eat fruits and tubers.
      JOURNAL..
      @BabesWithBBQ.
      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
      Professional Style Website.
      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Lkrohn View Post
        I really don't like many vegetables. I like a few things like a good cucumber tomato and avocado salad but other than that I like to juice for my vegetables. Is juicing an acceptable way of getting my veggies in?
        I don't know that I'd like juiced raw onion.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
          omg merl

omg

why would you say that and make me think about that
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Me too. Just find the ones you like. I'll eat any night shade except for egg plant... so I eat a lot of potatoes, peppers of various kinds and tomato. I also eat a lot of onion and garlic.

Only thing to worry about with juicing is, you cane asily over-consume and get a bunch of sugar, hell of a lot easier to drink something than chew on it for several minutes.
            -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by Lkrohn View Post
              blending is much better. You get the whole vegetables instead of only the juice. You can combine protein, fat and some carbs to make it drinkable. That's how I consume most of my vegetables. I usually drink my blended concoction for breakfast and lunch so at dinner I don't have to worry about getting enough veggies. I suck it through a straw so tastes doesn't come into play. You can consume a boatload of them this way.

Comment

I don't know if this would work for you, but my kids hate certain vegetables so I just throw them in the flood processor until they are chopped very fine and then add to a meat dish. They know the veggies are in there but don't mind eating them that way. The meat overwhelms most of the veggie flavor and also takes care of any texture issues you might have.

Comment

Originally posted by TQP View Post
                  Vegetables aren't necessary. Like the above says, eat liver. I would also eat fruits and tubers.
                  Agreed... As John Keifer put it, "Vegetables are just a vessel for butter." haha. (that's grass-fed butter, btw). juicing will def get you any micronutrients you need, but be careful overdoing it with kale, spinach, broccoli or other certain uncooked greens. They should be steamed (or left out completely?). If you follow the aforementioned advice and add some liver in there, you'll have no problems.
                  "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Comment

I've been known to throw green leafy veggies in when I make fruit smoothies. It's not bad.

Comment

Re juicing: I suppose you end up with a liquid easily swallowed. If we're talking veggies, I'd better chew them so my saliva has a chance at digestion first ...

Comment

blend, don't juice. get a ninja or splurge for a vitamix or blendtec. you want to be consuming the entire veggie in liquid form, not just the juice you've squeezed out of it

Comment

Save a ton of money by going to Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon and buy a NutriBullet. Best appliance on my counter. Perfectly blended smoothies in minimal time and the cleanup is trivial.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                            You haven't juiced until you've juiced garlic.
                            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

seems to me, juicing will just get you the liquid and sugars and some nutrients and then you get an insulin spike. why not blend and mince into other foods? you get the fiber as well as everything else. I chop veggies mixed and varied into everything I make. Only way I will willingly eat most of it.

veggies=blearghhhh
                              Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

Working...
                              X