Goodbye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye

I am fairly new to marks forum and so disappointed in the remarks by some people it's sad adults act like that...not all or even most of the people here are mean but I've been under attack for being old" and that's just mean...we are all supposed to support each other in this endeavor of health and I don't have negativity in my personal life so will not have it on line...kinda sad cuz I love what mark stands for....anyway adios and good luck to you all...

I haven't been on the forum much so haven't seen this attack on you but I just came across this and wanted to say that I'm sorry you feel that way. The first few days I was lurking here I swear some of the fighting made me want to cry. I'm glad I stuck with it though and found my niche because there is support here to be had.

Best wishes to you on your health journey wherever that may take you; the whole30 forum is heavily moderated and a very nice and supportive forum if you're into to strict paleo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

I get it Alaska. Please don't leave. Give it a chance. I was offended at first too. Moluve..you are an ass. No..W30 is not the only place for people over fifty. Idiot.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Not sure why you feel this way, many members are older folks! I think you should be finding more people like you than unlike. Either way, best wishes, feel free to drop in whenever!
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Goodbye

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
          I get it Alaska. Please don't leave. Give it a chance. I was offended at first too. Moluve..you are an ass. No..W30 is not the only place for people over fifty. Idiot.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
          What are you talking about? I said it was a nice MODERATED paleo forum. It has nothing to do with age. Project much?

Calling me an ass and an idiot in one single post is a good way to show OP that THIS is a supportive place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
          Last edited by moluv; 09-07-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Really? You're leaving because you were insulted by a troll. This is the internet - a minority insults for kicks. This forum is very lightly moderated so the trolls and their posts remain. We all put up with it because the alternative is worse. If you hang around a bit you'll see how it works

BTW, I'm older than you. Welcome
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

BTW, I'm older than you. Welcome

Fluttershy: I'm A Year Older Than You - YouTube
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

There are some very worthwhile people in this forum and the website itself is brilliant. Ignore the trolls, eat some liver and kick some ass. 50+? Even more reason to be on here.
                Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

AlaskaRunner,
                  I don't remember any of your posts, but that's probably because like you (and obviously others in your post) find some of these people "hard to take," just like in life. I have learned to ignore them when they become belligerent. Some of them, well, they are ALWAYS ready to fight, and so I ignore them completely--whatever they have to say that [B]might[B] be useful I will learn some other, less energy-consuming way. It has been a good lesson for me.
                  And there are some good people here among the nightcrawlers...

Comment

Also, welcome to the internet. :P We love you, stick around!
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Alaska, sorry you felt that way. I don't know what had happened, but sometimes we need thicker skin when we get on the internet. With so many people from all over the world, it happens.
                      Once I ignore certain people, I find this place to be friendly overall and very helpful.

P. S. it's sad when someone has to resort to unwarranted name calling on a thread which should be about support.

Comment

Fellow Alaskan here, 40 years old. I understand your disappointment- I am frequently bummed by the lack of civility by people on the internet. I try hard to not behave that way myself and try to filter through the posts for the gold nuggets buried in the chaff. This forum is good if you just ignore some stuff. I use my scroll wheel on the mouse liberally, have a few people blocked, and avoid threads that look like they are going to turn into a mess.
                        High Weight: 225
                        Weight at start of Primal: 189
                        Current Weight: 174
                        Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

If you come back by any chance, I hope you will consider using the report function for posts that you think are inappropriate, or violate forum rules. It's the little black triangle with the exclamation point in the lower lefthand corner of each post.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            If you come back by any chance, I hope you will consider using the report function for posts that you think are inappropriate, or violate forum rules. It's the little black triangle with the exclamation point in the lower lefthand corner of each post.
                            Oh man. Any way to find out how many demerits I've racked up to date?
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It's not only this forum. Most forums are full of people who act like a$$holes. The main idea is watered down (like here) and the people seem to have their own agenda. I don't spend much time on any forums any more. Just not worth it. I understand where you're coming from.

Comment

Working...
                              X