No announcement yet.

But I don't like vegetables.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the veggies are cooked "right" as I would consider right to be, they wouldn't be mushy. I love all veggies, but there's not a lot of things I like squishy in my mouth. You're not so abnormal. BUT, my very favorite way (and my hubby's fave, too) is I roast just about any veggie. The very basic is to of course, use fresh veggies, clean of course, then spread them out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast on about 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or to your desired doneness. If you like a little more kick, you can also add paprika, and/or red pepper flakes to just about anything and it's always good. If you're roasting a squishy veggie - squash, eggplant, etc, I either slice them in half lengthwise and roast them with the same oil/spices sliced side up or if you cut them in disc, just make sure they're thick enough so they won't practically disappear or stick to the baking sheet.

With baby carrots or fresh green beans, I like to put butter in a non-stick skillet, pile the veggie in on top once the butter is melted, saute them, cover and let them cook for about 3 minutes (longer for carrots)...then turn them over and cook covered again. Meantime, I toast some sliced almonds in the oven or in a dry sauce pan and when the carrots or green beans are done, I toss with the almonds! MMMM...making myself hungry!

Last night I browned some ground sirloin, and mixed in with steamed cauliflower and lots of cheese. This is a great, healthy replacement for mac & cheese (with or without the meat).

Just some VERY SIMPLE ideas I hope will help the anti-veggie people out some. The way I cook them, nothing ever gets mushy and gross. And remember, if you cook any veggie long enough for it to be mushy, you've basically killed all the live enzymes within.

Hope you enjoy!
    Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Comment

I've discovered just recently that if I eat raw onions, mainly purple or yellow (the Texas 10-15 sweet are not so much of a problem) I will get a very bad headache. I don't know if this counts as an allergic reaction or not. But I can only eat them cooked. That was something I was not happy to figure out because I loved them sliced super thin on salads!
      Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Comment

Eat them raw in a big salad for lunch... problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X