Gut Flora - Repopulating a damaged gut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gut Flora - Repopulating a damaged gut

I just read that latest gut report Mark put out and Dr. Art Ayers blog as well. I'm curious on What vegetables to eat to help repopulate the gut flora of Chrohnic gut. However I'm worried about the fiber content since the roughage tends to cause bloating and severe pain.

Should certain vegetables be off limits?
    would the grocery store vegetables have the bacteria on them? And could you wash them off a bit to get some dirt particles and possible bugs off? Or is the dirt where the bacteria is?
    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

my gut was my enemy for many years, until i figured out it was the grain doing me in..

Comment

long-fermented foods basically i think are very helpful, better than probiotic supplements at least.

i've also read just generally i diversity of spices and herbs can aide positive gut re-population.
      Last edited by free3337; 06-02-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I have mainly phased that out. Does it take a long time to heal from that?

Comment

+1 on the yogurt recipe from BreakingtheViciousCycle. It tastes awesome and works way better than commercial yogurt.
          I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

Will a full fat comm yogurt work good? I do not fill that I have any problems with anything gut related, other than it's to big. I eat yogurt for dessert mixed with berrys a couple of times a week.

Comment

Yogurt never has bothered me. I don't know how the bacteria would survive the stomach acid. There is something called a prebiotic which is often perscribed with a probiotic.

Comment

Mark has done an article on yoghurt. To summarise yoghurt has good bacteria that will live in your stomach and take up room that bad bacteria would otherwise inhabit. Bad news is that almost all yoghurt you buy has been so thoroughly treated that it has very little of the good stuff. Go and read Mark's article and then you'll know what to look for when buying yoghurt. Or you could make your own.
                A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

What if you can not eat yogurt? are there any other natural foods that we can eat? sorry i did read marks post on the subject i just didn't see it.

Comment

Pickles, sauerkraut, mustard, pickled beets, kefir, raw cheese/milk...
                    Get on my Level
                    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I find it easiest to simply use high quality probiotics.

I generally take Garden of Life Primal Defense but about twice a week, use Dr. Ohira.

here is a comparison
                      http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...FE&hl=en#gid=0

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Here's an almost related question. I am being tested for a gluten sensitivity(not celiac but sensitive nonetheless) and have been taken off gluten. It has been about three months and since your basically cutting carbs out of your diet and living off of fruit,vegetables,meat and nuts(possibly dairy) I am so constipated. My complimentary medicine doctor has since put me on magnesium tablets but those aren't reliable and they sometimes work against me(if you know what I mean). Did this happen to anybody else or do I jhave a bigger problem than I think,please help.

Comment

Originally posted by mandi View Post
                          Here's an almost related question. I am being tested for a gluten sensitivity(not celiac but sensitive nonetheless) and have been taken off gluten. It has been about three months and since your basically cutting carbs out of your diet and living off of fruit,vegetables,meat and nuts(possibly dairy) I am so constipated. My complimentary medicine doctor has since put me on magnesium tablets but those aren't reliable and they sometimes work against me(if you know what I mean). Did this happen to anybody else or do I jhave a bigger problem than I think,please help.
                          In my experience, many to most can't tolerate most magnesium supplements. The only oral magnesium supplement I can tolerate is Jigsaw Health Magnesium - it's a time released formula.

others use topical magnesium

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

An epsom salt bath might be great for you. 2 cups max. I need to do one sometime soon. They are supposed to be relaxing and laxative.

Comment

Originally posted by mandi View Post
                              1. Are you constipated or just not going to the toilet as often? With no grains in your diet you won't be spending so much time on the can.

2. How much dairy and what type?

3. How many nuts and what type?

4. Coffee has a laxative effect.
                              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
                              X