X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it primal- weizenbeer!

ok ok ok beer may be in the gray area of primalness
    what about weizenbeer ,even if it is made from ahrrrrrrg ... WHEAT

Tasty, but not primal. What made you think that it might be?

Comment

Originally posted by Patti View Post
      Tasty, but not primal. What made you think that it might be?
      The taste!!!
      The good fuzzy feeling!!!
      Are you sure is not primal?
      Grok might have found some little pool in a cave where some wild wheat fell and fermented
      In that case it might be primal

Comment

MDA" When it comes to alcohol itself, there’s no reason a low-carber can’t indulge. Alcohol isn’t metabolized as a carbohydrate product, and it doesn’t send your blood sugar shooting upward. (It might actually lower it.) The body sends alcohol to the liver where it becomes first in line as an active energy source rather than stored glycogen. As long as you aren’t looking to lose weight, a modest drink here or there shouldn’t make much of a difference. If you’re looking to lose weight, however, we’d suggest avoiding alcohol all together."

A Beer Drinker’s Primal Story | Mark's Daily Apple
        Definitive Guide to Alcohol on a Low Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple
        Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-26-2013, 02:24 AM.
        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Beer was the original agricultural product. It is the liquid version of bread, developed in Mesopotamia, the cradle of civilization and agriculture.

The alcohol content is not what is debated here. It's the rest of the carbs in the beer, and the wheat byproducts. Celiacs can't have beer made with barley or wheat, indicating that there are measurable grain products left in the beer. Averages 7-11 g carb in a 12 oz beer, unless it's a light beer.

Calories in Beer, Beer Alcohol, Beer Carbohydrates.

I'd say use it as part of your 20%. Do it with full understanding of it's possible effect on your body and your goals. In moderation and with great enjoyment.

Prost!
          Last edited by marthat; 05-26-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marthat View Post

Calories in Beer, Beer Alcohol, Beer Carbohydrates.

In moderation and with great enjoyment.

Prost!
            ok this makes me feel better :-)

Comment

"When it comes to alcohol itself, there’s no reason a low-carber can’t indulge"

weeee!

I am not in a lose weight phase quest, so let the weizenbeer flow like the spice in Dune ...

Comment

It contains wheat. Do you react to gluten?

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  It contains wheat. Do you react to gluten?
                  this would be my only glutenized food in a very long time!

... the weizenbeer must flow ...

Comment

I have grown a taste for the gluten free beers. They are not nearly as offensive, I would say.
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Though I respect about 99% of what Mark posts, I also realize he is about selling a concept. Disallow beer and you lose some followers.

Beer has carbs above and beyond its alcohol. That's fine. Use it as your 20 (as in 80/20). Same with wine. The only alcohol that isn't carb + alcohol are clear spirits. Not that they're good for you or should be part of a nutritious diet, but they don't have added carbs and any grains which produced them are largely lost in the distillation process. The rest is just schmoozing for the masses.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Though I respect about 99% of what Mark posts, I also realize he is about selling a concept. Disallow beer and you lose some followers.

Beer has carbs above and beyond its alcohol. That's fine. Use it as your 20 (as in 80/20). Same with wine. The only alcohol that isn't carb + alcohol are clear spirits. Not that they're good for you or should be part of a nutritious diet, but they don't have added carbs and any grains which produced them are largely lost in the distillation process. The rest is just schmoozing for the masses.
                        After reading all the replies to my question I have decided to read some Zen books to get illumination.
                        So I did and this is what came out of it, some koans showing the duality of things

Weizenbeer is good
                        Weizenbeer is bad
                        Weizenbeer is ying
                        Weizenbeer is yang

Only you can know the essence of weizenbeer
                        after imbibing its essence in fermented form

Only after the above koan is accomplished
                        you will know the partial truth
                        Because the full truth will remain hidden while being in full sight (*)

Ok, end of the koans: need to continue my reading of "Escher, Gödel and Bach" to get more illumination

(*) wow this sounds really profound: maybe I can make a living out of writing koans

Comment

Hey there CarbDodger- I am enthralled by your amazing weight loss! Can you give me some advice as to how you did it? Obviously eating primal but I would love to hear about your journey. I have ALOT of weight to loose and would love to hear what you did!!! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WildGrok View Post
                            After reading all the replies to my question I have decided to read some Zen books to get illumination.
                            So I did and this is what came out of it, some koans showing the duality of things

Weizenbeer is good
                            Weizenbeer is bad
                            Weizenbeer is ying
                            Weizenbeer is yang

Only you can know the essence of weizenbeer
                            after imbibing its essence in fermented form

Only after the above koan is accomplished
                            you will know the partial truth
                            Because the full truth will remain hidden while being in full sight (*)

Ok, end of the koans: need to continue my reading of "Escher, Gödel and Bach" to get more illumination

(*) wow this sounds really profound: maybe I can make a living out of writing koans
                            Koans 4 Sale. LOL
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by NATLES View Post
                              Hey there CarbDodger- I am enthralled by your amazing weight loss! Can you give me some advice as to how you did it? Obviously eating primal but I would love to hear about your journey. I have ALOT of weight to loose and would love to hear what you did!!! Thanks

Hi, i started a thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86990.html
                              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Working...
                              X