No announcement yet.

Am I a fat burner??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorbag, you sound a bit of an idiot sometimes - diabetics can die of nocturnal hypoglycaemia & diabetic ketoacidosis .There is no miracle switch that turns diabetes off at night or when its inconvenient .
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

jewelbug28 , lets try and connect later, it would be good to connect with another diabetic, I've been primal around 6 weeks in attempt to control my blood sugars and I am starting to see real benefits.
      When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
      27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Comment

I had to eat frequently throughout the night when I was a carb addict. And graze all day. I could not use the fat on my body, or else I wouldn't have gotten hungry all the time. And once I fixed that broken metabolism, all my fat got burned up. Coincidence? Not bloody likely.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

That sounds like the pre-primal diabetic id become Knifegill. I had honestly forgotten what it felt like to be healthy and I'm not all the way there yet but I expect to feel even better as time goes on. I'm so grateful not to be burdened with the never ending munching that just made me feel like crap

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
            Gorbag, you sound a bit of an idiot sometimes - diabetics can die of nocturnal hypoglycaemia & diabetic ketoacidosis .There is no miracle switch that turns diabetes off at night or when its inconvenient .
            Well, don't get me wrong here, diabetis and problems with sudden fall in blood sugar is one thing, and yes you can die of it, also at night. But something completely different is the paralell prosess of metabolising free fatty acids from the blood which happens all the time, also for diabetic's. Nobody are "shut off" from metabolising fatty acids, thats a myth or pseudo science, but peoples problems with sudden fluctuations in bloodsugar is due to other metabolic pathways...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Hypoglycemia happens in non diabetic people too. Sure they do burn some fat, they just don't burn it efficiently or effectively.

Just because you have an undamaged healthy metabolism does not give you reason to generalize your experience to everyone.
              Personal experience+personal opinion=/=facts about other peoples lives and bodies.
              I am not denying the experience people have, but the explanation; that certain people are not efficient fatburners. Many people feel crappy when starting on a ketonic diet, no doubt about that, but calling it "carb flu" and giving the pseudo scientific explanation that it's because they haven't become efficient fatburners yet, due to a "broken" metabolism, is pure nonsense. Everybody are perfectly adapted to burning fat for millions of years, and it's the preferred fuel for the body most of the time...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                Gorbag, you sound a bit of an idiot sometimes.
                Like I said, he also refuses to understand that Diet Coke is not a healthy drink.

For anyone interested in the science behind the carb flu, J Stanton does a great job of breaking it down here:http://www.gnolls.org/1984/
                Last edited by Paleobird; 05-24-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Like I said, he also refuses to understand that Diet Coke is not a healthy drink.
                  LOL, it's the third time only in this thread that you mention Diet Coke in your childish ad hominem low blows! Do I feel offended? Not at all, yes I admit drinking lot's of Diet Coke since the seventies, and my health is still very good, even if Paleobird have predicted in another thread that I will soon grow tumors and die from it.

For anyone interested in the science behind the carb flu, J Stanton does a great job of breaking it down here:The Science Behind The “Low Carb Flu”, and How To Regain Your Metabolic Flexibility - GNOLLS.ORG
                  That notorious internet page of j. Stanton deserves to have a warning: "Warning pseudoscience inside"...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    LOL, it's the third time only in this thread that you mention Diet Coke in your childish ad hominem low blows! Do I feel offended? Not at all, yes I admit drinking lot's of Diet Coke since the seventies, and my health is still very good, even if Paleobird have predicted in another thread that I will soon grow tumors and die from it.

That notorious internet page of j. Stanton deserves to have a warning: "Warning pseudoscience inside"...
                    Aw, Gorbag, lighten up and learn how to take a joke.
                    And, just because you don't understand Mr. Stanton's writing does not make it psuedo-science. Try reading it again.

Comment

And, just because you don't understand Mr. Stanton's writing does not make it psuedo-science. Try reading it again.
                      Just cause he calls you out for being mean doesn't make it a joke.

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                      Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

Originally posted by chima_p View Post
                        Just cause he calls you out for being mean doesn't make it a joke.
                        Actually it is a joke and Gorbag knows it. He and I have had words on several threads about aspartame. It's one of those bad penny subjects that just keeps coming up and he's always the lone voice there defending it and his Diet Coke habit. I'm poking at him now about it sure, but I think Sr. Gorbag's big muscular shoulders are strong enough to withstand a little teasing from that big old meanie Paleobird.

Comment

Um, J. Stanton is the epitome of pseudo-science, I've argued with him on these forums before, and what he actually understands could fit on a single paragraph double spaced.

Just because you agree with him does not mean he's right, or in any way complex.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            Um, J. Stanton is the epitome of pseudo-science, I've argued with him on these forums before, and what he actually understands could fit on a single paragraph double spaced.

Just because you agree with him does not mean he's right, or in any way complex.
                            The OP should keep in mind that this person just advocated smoking cigarettes for health on another thread, plus brags about doing drugs, drinking, and eating all sorts of junk foods. Again, consider the source.

Comment

The OP should keep in mind that this person just advocated smoking cigarettes for health on another thread, plus brags about doing drugs, drinking, and eating all sorts of junk foods. Again, consider the source.
                              Do you ever tire of that? I mean, seriously, every single post? Based on what? An incorrect epidemiology that doesn't hold up in deductive reasoning?

Do I point out the fact you thought F1, 6BP wasn't a derivative of fructose, or the fact you didn't know what glycolysis was in every post in an attempt to belittle you and everything you say?

Maybe I should, but I have more respect than that.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

Just chiming in to say that PB is the queen of condescending remarks. And yes, j. Stanton is in his own planet in term of what he believes to be fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X