Why am I not loosing weight??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I not loosing weight??

I am a wife and mother of 5. Always very busy. In the evenings I go for 30 minute walks to the park. When I have time in the mornings I run one mile, Usually 2 times a week. I changed my diet to primal about 3 weeks ago. I am getting a bit frustrated. I have not lost an ounce. I haven't had any sugar nor grains at all. Any suggestions??

This can be very typical. The first thing I see is the busyness. I'm a mom of three young boys. I didn't lose much in the beginning either. Then over the first year I lost 30lbs. It takes time. Nourish your body with good food, keep walking, look into ways to de-stress ( deep breathing, meditation)

You can find my journal over in that section of the forums. It will happen. Don't give up.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 155 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Comment

Thanks Momto3.

Comment

Wow Adriana, you do sound busy. WEll done of cutting the grains and sugar, I hope your are noticiing some improvements in your general health as a result. Also I trust you have cut out packaged products and processed oils.

If you are already fit and not far from goal weight it may take a while. On the other hand if not fit but have started adding exercise you may change shape without losing on the scale.

There are lots of things to take into account and weight is only part of the story. Primal food is also only part of the story, we need to find a good balance within the available choices. Eg too many nuts and cheese is famous for preventing weight loss and very easy to fall into.

Good luck.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Hi Annieh. Yes I have cut out processed oils and packaged food. It is a hard for me since I'm in this alone. My husband is not interested in PB. But I have not slipped. I'm proud of myself ☺
          For the past 11 years (when I had my first son) I've been overweight. I have gone on several diets and I do loose weight but when I'm done with the diet I gain all the weight right back. And I just end up being mad at myself and then I get depressed and start with the emotional eating. I have been able to control that. I only eat when I'm hungry. I don't think I eat all the calories I should be eating.
          I don't know what's going on with me. I'm thinking too much fatty food. 😕
          Very frustrating.

Comment

Just keep on keepin on. Eat clean, move around, lift some stuff and sprint once in a while.

Give us an idea of your daily food intake and maybe we can give you some pointers.
            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

This is my usual food log
              breakfast I usually have 2 eggs and 2-3 strips of bacon.
              Lunch: handful of mixed nuts. (macadamia nuts, almonds and cashews)
              Dinner: about 3-4 ounces of meat (chicken, pork or beef) and salad.
              Evening snack: an apple with 2 tbsp of almond butter.
              Lots of water during day.

Comment

Are you feeling a lot of cravings and a lack of energy? It looks like you may be consuming too few calories. How tall are you?
                The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

I am 5ft tall and 151lbs. I don't really have cravings. I don't feel very energetic in the mornings. Later on during the day my energy levels do go up.

Comment

i agree with you adriana, I don't think you are eating quite enough. Are you choosing lean cuts of meat?
                    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

No. I don't eat lean cuts.
                      I guess I need to serve myself more. I'm not used to eating a lot. This is why I don't understand why my weight won't go down. Before PB I did eat sweets. Chocolate😍 Which I completely cut out of my diet. 😞 I never really liked red meat. Something that I'm slowly getting used to. I love any cut of pork and chicken. Haven't tried fish yet. Need to find a recipe that sounds good.

Comment

You don't have a vast amount of weight to lose. I have a lot so it was quicker for me but it took me a bit to get from sugar burning to fat burning. Eat a bit more, a bit more meat and a few more carbs.You must have a really busy life with the children and must expend quite a lot of energy. Your body is still finding its way, you've changed your whole way of feeding it. I'm no expert but unlike diets this isn't just a quick fix for just losing weight so I think you need to be more patient with your self. Reading a lot of other women's journals the weight loss seems to start as a small burn at first in moderately overweight women and then once they are established it seems to speed up more. By the way, you should be proud of yourself, there must be a lot of temptation about.
                        I don't cook much fish myself so if you find any good recipes please share.
                        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

CarbDodger, thanks for your reply. Yes there is a lot of temptation in my house. I am a stay at home mom. With 3 in school. And twins at home. And husband comes home for lunch. I find myself always in the kitchen. I'm always looking for new recipes. I like verity. Will let you know if I find any good fish ones

Comment

Thanks for your words Sopnishwhite.

Comment

I did not start losing weight until a month after starting primal. And even at that, it was a slow start of a couple of pounds per week.
                              Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                              Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                              Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                              F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X