cilantro damages DNA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helen in Oz View Post
    LX, the reason Cilantro tastes like soap to you (and many other people) is that you have a genetic difference that makes you smell/taste it differently to people who like it. I think there may be some enzyme involved - I'm afraid I can't find the reference, but if you google it a bit, you'll probably find some facts.
    Huh, I did not know that. That's pretty cool. Can I blame my hated for lima beans on it too?

Comment

I'm pouty-faced. The shrimp, Avacado, Red onion, cilantro, lime and olive oil salad I made tonight was awesome!
      It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

My family is quite appalled that I'm not a fan of cilantro, as it's used in a lot of hispanic cooking. I just can't really stand the taste of it.
        ~Beth~ wife to Chris, mommy to Anthony Nathaniel, Anastasia Fae, Baby C, David Cillian, and Charlie George.

Comment

I am not going to give up on cilantro. I use it once in a while. I'm sure it did not make me fat. I think my DNA is just fine.

Comment

Cilantro is ssoooooooooooooooo good. I could eat a bushel of it with a burrito and some jacks salsa....
            sigpic

Comment

Eh, I figure, look at all the bad things insulin can do, but at the same time the creek you're up without a paddle if you make none. Most biological things have good and bad aspects.

Comment

Working...
              X