Dear Mark: Spam. It's not primal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Mark: Spam. It's not primal.

I posted this on your site, but Mark, the spam on this board is out of control. I'm not linking to it because I don't want to get them more attention, but just visit any of these boards and see. There is spam threads, spammers replying to topics, and spammers posting the same thing to every board...do we have a mod? Can you fix this?

I love your blog and your forum so I don't want to see it killed by spam bots.
    Love,
    Meg

Not to make light if your post but when i first read the title i thought you meant Spam - the meat (or meat-like) stuff in the can!

Comment

It's just for the weekend. When the helper monkey come back in the morning they'll clean it up.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Mark this is a personal failure of yours

how dare there be spam on an open forum! And no 24/7 mod service! Even though spamming is up all over the internet and not just here!

Rabblerabblerabble
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by AJR View Post
          Not to make light if your post but when i first read the title i thought you meant Spam - the meat (or meat-like) stuff in the can!
          That was the point

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          It's just for the weekend. When the helper monkey come back in the morning they'll clean it up.
          Good to know!

Mark this is a personal failure of yours

how dare there be spam on an open forum! And no 24/7 mod service! Even though spamming is up all over the internet and not just here!

Rabblerabblerabble
          Simmer down child. Pretty sure wasn't attacking Mark, just wasn't sure if he was aware of the problem.

Comment

I was amused

every time a spam wave hits someone makes a thread bemoaning the humanity of it all
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

I am surprised we don't have to figure out one of those Hyroglificks things,
              and enter it in that box before posting,,,
              I see that on other boards,
              that, or a little arithamatec problem,,,
              seems to keep the spam in the can elsewhere.

6 - 4 = ??

Comment

mark implemented that, it didn't work because the spammers are actual people and not bots
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

we must hunt them down and,,,,
                  pilage

Comment

Originally posted by neilc11 View Post
                    we must hunt them down and,,,,
                    pilage
                    Well.. technically cannibalism should be counted as paleo in the sense of it being meat, right..? Bring ye spears and ye online tracking devices, fellow tribesmen of the primal ways! Lets monger war upon the unfaithful ones who dare disturb our peace and our passionate discussions regarding bacon and strange potato diets!

Comment

beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

Dear Mark,

If you do not do something about the spam, and I mean NOW, I'm going to burn my computer so I can never visit Mark's Daily Apple again. Won't you be sad then?

Think about it.

Signed,

FW

Comment

well I'LL be happy about it

nyehhh :P
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

Dear Bloodorchid,

The sort of attitude represented in your response to my post regarding spam does not promote the sort of collegial atmosphere of support and understanding that we are trying to foster here at Mark's Daily Apple.

Perhaps you could take a moment to think about how mean words affect others; for example, if someone had said that they would be happy if you burned your computer, would you feel happy, or sad? As the saying goes, you attract more flies with honey than with vinegar. Although the follow-up question to that must surely be, Why would anyone want to attract flies in the first place? Perhaps that person has some weird fetish for overgrown maggots, but is it our place to judge them? To label their hobby "weird," or a "fetish?" This is exactly what I am talking about, choosing between being supportive and understanding, and potentially inflicting some sort of distress upon another.

There is also a saying that what comes around goes around. My wife is quick to remind me of this, as I have an exceptionally fast digestion. Oh my Lord baby Jesus, that fart smells like a french fry, she will sometimes say, and you just ate those fries like two minutes ago... your entire gastrointestinal system, including the duodenum, must be an inch long! If we apply the parable of the fart to our daily lives, we can see that no one wants to smell a french fry fart, or as some would call them, "freedom fry" farts, because if what comes around goes around, then it's like walking into your own wall of farts and making yourself ill. (This will not apply to people who enjoy the smell of their own farts - they are called fart-huffers - but that is not germane to this parable.)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

FW

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                              including the duodenum
                              Dying. Dying over here. You and bloodorchid are going to get me fired.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X